President caves in completely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President caves in completely

No mention of the public option and implies that people will be fined if they don't have coverage.

The Republican ****ers won.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

You expected something different?

This is the Democratic Party we're talking about here, after all. They don't have any balls, even when they win a landslide election.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

He completely stood behind the public option.

But he did throw out the mandatory insurance thing.

Healthy people are NOT irresponsible for not paying money for services they don't use.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The Republican ****ers won.
        No mandatory insurance! Hallelujah!
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yeah! 20+ % of the general population will remain uninsured!

Oh, wait... no comment (as there is no OP to comment on).

Comment

I only wish the death panel thing is true. That actually sounds pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              You expected something different?
              Not really. But I had a glimmer of hope.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                No mention of the public option

What speech did you hear?

Btw, I thought the speech was very well done. Consumer protection regulations on insurance companies, a health insurance exchange for the uninsured, and an individual mandate. Lets get it done
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

How can you loyalists respect this man? Er, let me rephrase that, how can you believe anything that his speech writer writes for this man and puts on the teleprompter? You would have been better off voting for the teleprompter, at least then there wouldn't be this constant racial tension.
                  "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                  "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

What speech did you hear?

Btw, I thought the speech was very well done. Consumer protection regulations on insurance companies, a health insurance exchange for the uninsured, and an individual mandate. Lets get it done
                    Required health care in a time of economic crap hole is the worst idea ever. People that don't have insurance *like me* don't have it because we cannot afford it. I am in perfect health, mainly because I take care of myself. I am struggling because I don't paid enough and I just can't afford it...now it is a good thing to punish me and take money from me because I can't afford insurance? How does that work? How is that freedom of choice? Of all the things that are American, how does that fit in to freedom to speak your mind, believe in any god/s, protest, etc.?
                    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
                    "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

Comment

He's black, Zaku, get over it. Not everyone hates black people, just you.

And Wiglaf.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If Wiglaf hates black people, how do you explain his constant need to pay black lawn workers to show their junk?

Comment

Originally posted by zakubandit View Post
                          Required health care in a time of economic crap hole is the worst idea ever. People that don't have insurance *like me* don't have it because we cannot afford it. I am in perfect health, mainly because I take care of myself. I am struggling because I don't paid enough and I just can't afford it...now it is a good thing to punish me and take money from me because I can't afford insurance? How does that work? How is that freedom of choice? Of all the things that are American, how does that fit in to freedom to speak your mind, believe in any god/s, protest, etc.?
                          This would be an awesome troll, with some work.

Areas to focus on: If you appear at least slightly intelligent it may have more credence. Consider using faces. Emphasize the fact that you are poor and the reason you are poor is because the Black man is keeping you down. Discuss how disgusting it is that Obama wants to provide you with health care when you are too poor to afford it -- the nerve.

Here's an example of a good troll. It's good because it's true -- how can the "pro-life" people claim to be Pro Life when they, by and large, do not support universal healthcare? They're all about the rights of fetuses to live a healthy, happy life but once a baby is born all bets are off -- **** their health?

Interesting, isn't it?
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            He's black, Zaku, get over it. Not everyone hates black people, just you.

And Wiglaf.
                            Don't forget Caligastia. Or is Zaku Caligastia renamed?
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Discuss how disgusting it is that Obama wants to provide you with health care when you are too poor to afford it -- the nerve.
                              And how the tax credits to purchase the health care because he is too poor is simply a ploy to foster dependence on the government.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X