The difference is that BK's hatred is thinly veiled, which is better.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
Is it hatred towards an alcoholic by insisting that they will be better off by leaving the bottle behind?
-
It's completely irrelevant how any person chooses to live their life, or what issues they focus on here. It's still not ok to use derogatory language like that to describe him.Originally posted by SlowwHand View PostAlthough accurate. Asher, for instance, has a life outside his sexual preference. Mr Fun doesn't. That's all he is or has in life. Along that train of thought, it would never occur to me to call Asher by that term, because he's not. Mr Fun is.
It's not ok for anyone to define how gay it's acceptable for someone to act, and then bully them with abusive language if they cross that line.
IIRC at one point Asher posted here that he didn't discuss his sexuality at work, this might have changed, but it was in case it caused him any issues. I see this as an example of how people can be forced to hide who the are for fear of negative consequences. I see the kind of justification of abuse that you are using here as part of that problem.
I don't accept the "he was asking for it" argument either. I think it's perfectly reasonable for posters here to post robust challenges to instances of homophibia, racism, sexism or any other kind of discriminatory language.
I hope you take this post in the manner it was intended as a constructive attempt to engage on an emotive topic, to try and prevent any escalation.
Leave a comment:
-
Nevermind; I found the thread that got DFG banned. Dude...
Leave a comment:
-
1. Someone needs to describe the DFG posts that finally got that racist idiot banned so I can understand what the threshold is. Must have been pretty terrible, given the past remarks he's made that didn't merit a banning.
2. Sloww is little better than DFG with his regular racism, and his homophobic insult of MrFun in this thread was totally uncalled for. I think a message needs to be sent to him as well if he chooses not to change his behavior and act like a decent human being.
Leave a comment:
-
wait a minute - a real debate broke out on this "serious" thread
Leave a comment:
-
That's not even accurate, anyway. Only half the stuff MrFun posts is gay. The other half is liberal "news" so blatantly slanted it makes Dinner look almost nuanced.
Xpost
Leave a comment:
-
in all fairness to Ben: I've never seen him use such blatant derogatory slurs like doc did in that thread, so it would appear that Ben has at least a modicum of class, despite his ****ty opinions.Originally posted by Lorizael View PostThe difference is that BK's hatred is thinly veiled, which is better.
Leave a comment:
-
Although accurate. Asher, for instance, has a life outside his sexual preference. Mr Fun doesn't. That's all he is or has in life. Along that train of thought, it would never occur to me to call Asher by that term, because he's not. Mr Fun is.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: