This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Right. Which is why I converted to Catholicism after being a protestant. This entails believing that significant portions of what you taught and believe were in actuality, wrong.
    Just calling yourself X or Y doesn't make it so. You're as bad a Catholic as you were a Protestant.

True, but that's not what you're saying here. You're saying that you find it narrow minded and offensive that I teach that homosexuality is a sin.
    You don't teach anything. You spout hateful judgement and cast stones, all the while ignoring the beam in your eye and failing to accept correction yourself.

What does Christ teach about sex outside of marriage?
    Apparently that you should make ignorant insinuations about subjects you have no knowledge of? To try to smear the reputation of innocent people by spreading lies about them ... was it something along those lines?

I maintain that what I assumed is actually better than what you are actually doing.
    First you made that insinuation. Then you claimed you didn't make that insinuation. Now you confirm it's your position. We'll see if you continue in your absurdity or change to a new one ....

I've been accused by others of 'not spending enough time on sins apart from homosexuality', so you're quite right about that. I also suggest not daring me to lay into you.
    True, it could be dangerous. I might die laughing at your completely ignorant claims about my life ...

Comment

• Spot on!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        You are just as delusional as Ben. You deserve eachother.
        See, even now you can't stop referring to Ben.

Comment

• :shrug:
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• You've gotten to the point where you even feel the need to try to immerse yourself in and regulate other people's interactions with Ben. This is normal behavior for crazy possessive ex girlfriends
            It's true. I did not have sex with Dashi.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Just calling yourself X or Y doesn't make it so. You're as bad a Catholic as you were a Protestant.
              If I didn't accept correction, why would I convert?

You don't teach anything. You spout hateful judgement and cast stones, all the while ignoring the beam in your eye and failing to accept correction yourself.
              And what precisely is the beam in my eye? My believe that homosexuality is sinful?

Apparently that you should make ignorant insinuations about subjects you have no knowledge of? To try to smear the reputation of innocent people by spreading lies about them ... was it something along those lines?
              I might ask of you the same. What exactly of my life do you know to make the judgments that you do?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

If I didn't accept correction, why would I convert?
                You are still adamant about continuing the same sins you've displayed for about a decade now (~my time being active in the OT). You've changed the label you apply to yourself, not accepted correction.

And what precisely is the beam in my eye? My believe that homosexuality is sinful?
                You have many sins, don't try to pretend otherwise. One that you hold most dear is to continually focus on the sins of others rather than improving yourself.

I might ask of you the same. What exactly of my life do you know to make the judgments that you do?
                I only speak of the things you offer/display on this forum.

I certainly don't cast aspersions upon the people in your life you care about, who aren't here to defend themselves, by attacking your relationship with them based on my (admitted) complete ignorance of the nature of those relationships. Perhaps that's too high a standard for you to reach?

Comment

• This is the moast interesting cKonversation I have evar read and i hoPe to read a lot moar cKonversations in the future!
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• You are still adamant about continuing the same sins you've displayed for about a decade now (~my time being active in the OT). You've changed the label you apply to yourself, not accepted correction.
                    Ah, what you mean is I haven't accepted correction from you.

You have many sins, don't try to pretend otherwise. One that you hold most dear is to continually focus on the sins of others rather than improving yourself.
                    Ah the whole, "you can't criticize me because you're a sinner too."

I only speak of the things you offer/display on this forum.
                    Well then, perhaps it would be something to ask yourself, is Kenobi the poster same as Kenobi the man?

I certainly don't cast aspersions upon the people in your life you care about, who aren't here to defend themselves, by attacking your relationship with them based on my (admitted) complete ignorance of the nature of those relationships. Perhaps that's too high a standard for you to reach?
                    How exactly is referring to Net as your wife construed as an attack? Here's another fact - you've chosen to post about her here. I would know nothing of her if you did not choose to tell us about her. You made that choice, not me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                      This is the moast interesting cKonversation I have evar read and i hoPe to read a lot moar cKonversations in the future!
                      Congrats. You've found a whole new method of being un-understandable.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ah, what you mean is I haven't accepted correction from you.
                        You haven't accepted correction from anyone. Even in very clear cases where you are sinning, you harden your heart, cast stones to distract, and continue right on sinning.

Ah the whole, "you can't criticize me because you're a sinner too."
                        No, the whole, "you are obviously sinning, but rather than accept that your actions are a sin you try to cover it up by casting stones at others". And that you've been at it for a decade without any signs of repentance or self-improvement (quite the contrary actually).

Well then, perhaps it would be something to ask yourself, is Kenobi the poster same as Kenobi the man?
                        Anything you don't bring here is irrelevant to me. If you want to change the perception of you on Poly, change how you act on Poly. That's all that matters.

How exactly is referring to Net as your wife construed as an attack?
                        As you already admitted. You view it as something wrong, because you're an ignorant person who judges others without even knowing anything about the issue you are judging on.

But in this case I was referring to your latest insinuations with the rhetorical question about premarital sex. You are wholly ignorant of that subject matter.

Comment

• Ben spam on the mod thread
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• You haven't accepted correction from anyone.
                            This is prima facie false given that I have converted. If I didn't accept correction from anyone I would not have converted.

Even in very clear cases where you are sinning
                            We've yet to establish precisely what you consider sin aside from confronting others of their own. Which again, strikes me as a rather self-serving defintion of sin.

No, the whole, "you are obviously sinning, but rather than accept that your actions are a sin
                            Given that you started this conversation with saying, "you're a bad, bad Christian", I fail to see how I'm casting stones. Perhaps you should holster yours?

Anything you don't bring here is irrelevant to me.
                            So perhaps you should rethink your statement that initiated this whole conversation? You did not qualify your statement.

If you want to change the perception of you on Poly, change how you act on Poly. That's all that matters.
                            Perhaps there is a purpose as to why I care very little of certain people's perceptions here.

As you already admitted. You view it as something wrong
                            View what as something wrong? A marriage to Net? Absolutely not. What I consider wrong is your initial statement, "I am a better Christian", despite your lack of faith.

, because you're an ignorant person who judges others without even knowing anything about the issue you are judging on.
                            You've made it no secret that you are not a Christian and view it as superstition. You commented earlier that you would prefer not to go but go because it makes Net happy.

Did I criticize you then? No, I did not. What I criticize is you then turning around and attacking Christians. If you want to be apart from God - then fine - that is your choice and your decision. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Your complaints about Christian ill behavior fall on deaf ears. You simply don't have any credibility because of the decisions you have made and the past statements you have made to remove yourself from Christianity.

Want me to listen to your complaints? Become a Christian. Don't like those terms? Too bad. .

But in this case I was referring to your latest insinuations with the rhetorical question about premarital sex.
                            You earlier accused me of attacking your relationship with Net after I merely commented that I thought she was your wife. I'm glad to see you've conceded there was never an attack intended on you or Net.

Now if you want to get a discussion on Christian morality regarding premarital sex - I'm happy to engage in that discussion with you. Here's a hint - Christ is against it.

You are wholly ignorant of that subject matter.
                            Wholly ignorant of what Christ teaches or your relationship? You're the one who insisted I was attacking Net when I stated you were married. If you find that the statement stings, perhaps you ought to consider why.

Comment

• AH, Aeson should create his own thread here.

Post there and I'll reply. If not, I'll consider this matter and discussion closed.

Comment

• So, can we ban Ben yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X