This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I would think most atheists understand that flying a plane into WTC is wrong.
    Islam flew a plane ? That's some religion, sho'nuff.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

As Christ himself says, Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
      So if your condition is incurable is it a punishment from god ? In any case (and avoiding the tedious attempt at being patronizing once again) I'm not aware that that answers the question. Why don't you spend as much time preaching about the wrongness of worldliness and possessions ?

Does any poster here believe that wealth is more important than God?
      I haven't asked them all. Can you say categorically that all don't ? If not, start preaching about divesting yourself of worldly goods.

You imply falsely that I have two coats at present.
      Incorrect. You state falsely that I imply anything about you- I was simply quoting John The Baptist on property redistribution.

Start spreading the (good) news :

4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
      Acts of the Apostles

4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
      Thank you Apostle Carolus Marx.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• It's not about me being a good Christian, Ben. I freely admit I'm not. But you're much worse.
        Question - have I ever stated that I'm the model of what a Christian should be?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Let's all ban Ben!

Let's all ban Ben!

Let's all ban Ben!

Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Ban Ben! Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• So if your condition is incurable is it a punishment from god ? In any case (and avoiding the tedious attempt at being patronizing once again) I'm not aware that that answers the question. Why don't you spend as much time preaching about the wrongness of worldliness and possessions ?
            One, nobody here preaches a prosperity Gospel - that if God loves them they will be blessed with wealth. If someone were - yes I'd be smacking them with this stick.

Two, the people decrying that 'I don't preach against possessions' are Communists who believe that Christianity justifies their envy of the wealthier and state confiscation of other's private possessions. Why would I affirm them?

Start spreading the (good) news
            What about, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?"
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              a) not married

The first rule of Marriage Cult is right there in the name.
              I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post

The first rule of Marriage Cult is right there in the name.
                If it quacks like a fish, has feathers like a fish, it must be a wild boar ...

Comment

Question - have I ever stated that I'm the model of what a Christian should be?
                  Just remember that next time you're at the head of the line to cast stones.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Comment

• Just remember that next time you're at the head of the line to cast stones.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
                    You claim you make a better Christian, yet decline to become one. Empty words mean nothing, Aeson.

Comment

You claim you make a better Christian, yet decline to become one. Empty words mean nothing, Aeson.
                      a) I'm not Christian or trying to be.
                      b) you're still casting stones rather than observing your own beliefs. (they aren't necessarily mine) Cast the mote out of your own eye.

Comment

• a) I'm not Christian or trying to be.
                        Then why are you insisting you would make a better Christian? You talk the talk - let's see you walk the walk. Talk is cheap.

You don't see me saying, "hey you suck so much at athiesm that I'm a better atheist than you."

Maybe you should be asking yourself why.

Comment

• In the past day or two you've accomplished the following: (and this in a very limited amount of time we've interacted, which may be 10-15 minutes)

- Taken the Lord's name in vain.
                          - Posted on Sunday. Hardly keeping it holy.
                          - Judged. "Judge not, lest ye be judged."
                          - Cast stones even though you aren't without sin.
                          - Focused on the mote in other's eyes, rather than the beam in your own.
                          - You have promoted falsehoods and lies about my personal life.
                          - Attacked back rather than turn the other cheek.

It's like if Jesus and/or God said do something ... you do the opposite.

Comment

Then why are you insisting you would make a better Christian? You talk the talk - let's see you walk the walk. Talk is cheap.
                            I've pointed out how you are a terrible Christian. Of the things I listed above, I have done some of the same. But I haven't taken the Lord's name in vain at least

You don't see me saying, "hey you suck so much at athiesm that I'm a better atheist than you."
                            a) I'm not an athiest.
                            b) You may very well be a better atheist than I am. You certainly are better at promoting it than I am.
                            c) related to b and who is a better Christian, you are much better at turning people off Christianity than I am as well.

Maybe you should be asking yourself why.
                            I'm not the type to ask myself questions that have no application to reality.

Comment

• "orange is redder than blue"

"duh why are you saying that orange is red"

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• It's like if Jesus and/or God said do something ... you do the opposite.
                                I notice you left out the first commandment, the one that I actually quoted. "Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Odd that.

Do you not believe it is a commandment, Aeson?

Comment

Working...
                                X