This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    is there a way to make it so people on your ignore list are totally wiped off the forums

like, their posts are invisible and not just blocked out
    I wish this were the case. I admit that sometimes I still look at BK's posts if I have a feeling they're going to be particularly offensive. I wish the temptation could be removed permanently.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Sheesh, more people whine about my posts than I actually post.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Sheesh, more people whine about my posts than I actually post.
        Yes

We need a "ignore whineing about Ben" button.

Comment

• I have implemented an "ignore all" feature. It can appear different on different systems, but often looks like a red X in the corner of the browser.

Comment

• Thank you Aeson. that is an excellent innovation.

Could you also implement a feature allowing me to ignore my own posts please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              I have implemented an "ignore all" feature. It can appear different on different systems, but often looks like a red X in the corner of the browser.
              SO'S YOUR FACE
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Can we remove the auto-censor? The mean age of posters must be about 40, and we have no minors.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                    Can we remove the auto-censor? The mean age of posters must be about 40, and we have no minors.
                    The main problem with doing so is advertisers and search engines don't like naughty words. We actually have ~5000 people a day come to Apolyton, most of them from Google, and that's what pays for the server. (Working on figuring out how to keep some of them around ... )

Comment

• You could at least have the auto-censor replace the naughty words with something more amusing than ****.
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Aeson: Imran, Elok, and I think self-biased on Facebook are complaining that when they try to access the site, their virus software is telling them that Poly has evil bad malware and they should stay away. Any idea what that might be about?
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          The main problem with doing so is advertisers and search engines don't like naughty words. We actually have ~5000 people a day come to Apolyton, most of them from Google, and that's what pays for the server. (Working on figuring out how to keep some of them around ... )

Yeah, but they're searching for dick-girls. Give them and Loin what they are looking for and watch the traffic skyrocket!
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            Aeson: Imran, Elok, and I think self-biased on Facebook are complaining that when they try to access the site, their virus software is telling them that Poly has evil bad malware and they should stay away. Any idea what that might be about?

He has a digital social disease and he shouldn't be visiting xxx.ru without a condom on his 'puter?

So do you and so should you not be. Elok? Bwahahahaha!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              Aeson: Imran, Elok, and I think self-biased on Facebook are complaining that when they try to access the site, their virus software is telling them that Poly has evil bad malware and they should stay away. Any idea what that might be about?
                              Not sure what it would be. Maybe something to do with site moving to a new IP address. What virus software and what is the error message?

Google Webmaster tools and Chrome don't have a problem with it.

Comment

• From Elok:

Avast! Web Shield has blocked a harmful webpage or file

Source: URL Mal

That's the start of it; it's stopped sending the popup now, it's just blocking the site without telling me anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X