Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When this guy calls his boss to tell him he's running a little late, he witnesses a car accident and begins the best play-by-play commentary you'll ever hear.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• can we ban people who insist on arguing with Ben? I'm honestly about as close as i can be to being a BK apologist, but i find the people who debate him line for line to be more tedious and harmful to the wa of the board than he is.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Can we ban people who mention Ben in complaints about the actions of other non-Ben posters on this forum? Like half the posts on this message board are people whining about other people quoting Ben. (I am willing to sacrifice myself and accept a ban for this post if we make this a rule that is fairly applied to all. It's not much of a sacrifice, since at that point the only person left will be Ben.)

Comment

• Can we just ban anyone who mentions Ben?

Oops.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• It's ok, if he carries on being homophobic I'll be able to just ban Ben.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Didn't know that posting facts like, "gay men are more likely to contract HIV" is a bannable offense.

What other facts am I not allowed to post, Mike?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I wish posting ludicrous and irrelevant strawmen was a bannable offence Ben.

What is going to end up being bannable is that, despite repeated warnings you continue to post homophobic stuff here, I still get many regular complaints. Many of the things you say aren't in and of themselves bannable, but I'm sick of the persistent intolerance our gay posters are forced to endure from you.

Being homosexual:

1. is not a choice.
                2. is totally normal.
                3. is not morally wrong.

Stop persistently denying those 3 things and we'll have no problems. You could just keep quiet, or go to a forum where people share your offensive homophobic views instead of pushing your hate here.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• MrFun should be banned. He makes choices. He is not normal. ♪Two out of three ain't bad♪ , so morally wrong or not, BAN HIM!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Being homosexual:

1. is not a choice.
                    2. is totally normal.
                    3. is not morally wrong.
                    Are you saying that I cannot post that Christianity teaches that sodomy is a sin?

Stop persistently denying those 3 things and we'll have no problems. You could just keep quiet, or go to a forum where people share your offensive homophobic views instead of pushing your hate here.
                    We had this discussion many years back when this was changed. It was determined then that it was acceptable to post Christian teachings including those on homosexuality.

Has this changed?

Many of the things you say aren't in and of themselves bannable
                    So what's the problem? People complain about all sorts of things. If the posts in and of themselves are acceptable - then they should stand and fall on their own merits and not the perceptions of others.

Are you saying now that it doesn't matter what the person posts - if enough people complain that you will ban them?

You could just keep quiet, or go to a forum where people share your offensive homophobic views instead of pushing your hate here.
                    When was the last time I posted a thread concerning gay marriage, Mike? I've paid for a lifetime membership. I see no reason why I shouldn't be permitted to post here same as everyone else. I'm sorry you don't like that but the option is always open for you to leave.

If Poly is unacceptable to you and your sensibilities, well then, the answer is clear. I like it here. I have friends here - and I'm not the one complaining about how Poly is hostile to my beliefs. You are.

There are 10 million sites that cater to you, MikeH. Why not go there? Why does Poly have to conform to what you believe to be true?
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 22, 2013, 07:30.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• There's a difference between say a discussion about Christianity's position on homosexuality, and you following gay posters around trying to make them feel attacked.

When you repeatedly post things like "Maybe they shouldn't stick their dicks in men's asses if they don't want to get AIDs", that's not you 'posting Christian teachings on homosexuality', that's just you being a total ****.

Comment

• I haven't banned you have I?

Your Pope has recently said that you should be talking about the positive messages not banging on about the negative things like Homosexuality all the time. Why can't you listen to him? You also chose that religion, and you choose to agree with the intolerant messages and you choose to spend a huge amount of your time posting about it. THAT really is a choice.

You might not have started a thread but whenever one of these subjects comes up, you have to weigh in. What I have suggested many times before is that you just ignore those topics, and focus on other ones. You know your bigoted views are hurting our gay posters, but you feel you still have to inflict them on them, in every thread you possibly can.

How much of your time do you spend on this one small topic compared to all other Christian teachings put together?

My view is this :

Your beliefs, whilst offensive, are up to you, I feel that you being able to talk about them and us being able to robustly refute them is important.

At the moment some of our gay posters feel like they are being persecuted by your intolerance in every thread they post in. There must be a balance, you have put your views across, many, many times. We get it. Do you really need to state them in every thread where anything to do with homosexuality is mentioned? Do you really care so much about making peoples lives miserable that you have to spend so long abusing them here? Can't you just let most of the threads go without posting?

There must be a balance. The current balance is far from right.

If everyone who couldn't stand your posting left, there'd be virtually no-one here.
                        Last edited by MikeH; November 22, 2013, 10:00.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          There's a difference between say a discussion about Christianity's position on homosexuality, and you following gay posters around trying to make them feel attacked.

When you repeatedly post things like "Maybe they shouldn't stick their dicks in men's asses if they don't want to get AIDs", that's not you 'posting Christian teachings on homosexuality', that's just you being a total ****.
                          Yeah, good summary.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Maybe they shouldn't stick their dicks in men's asses if they don't want to get AIDs", that's not you 'posting Christian teachings on homosexuality', that's just you being a total ****.
                            Fine. Is the statement that sodomy is a significant disease vector for AIDS a bannable offense?

Comment

• Your Pope has recently said that you should be talking about the positive messages not banging on about the negative things like Homosexuality all the time.
                              Francis has also said that homosexuality is a sin. Do you want me posting direct from the catecism? Because I can do that if you'd like to prefer.

Why can't you listen to him? You also chose that religion, and you choose to agree with the intolerant messages and you choose to spend a huge amount of your time posting about it. THAT really is a choice.
                              Do people start threads concerning other things that Christianity regards as sinful?

You might not have started a thread but whenever one of these subjects comes up, you have to weigh in.
                              Homosexuality is a huge and controversial topic. That I would spend a significant portion of my time talking in response to it is not a surprise. If people didn't start threads on homosexuality then it wouldn't be as big an issue here.

I have refrained from starting topics on it myself, because I understand your concerns. If other people start them, then I see it as fair game.

You know your bigoted views are hurting our gay posters, but you feel you still have to inflict them on them, in every thread you possibly can.
                              Right. Do people take my feelings into account before they post? No. Should you be banning people because they said something to hurt my feelings? Also no. This is not directed at any one individual - this is a general statement. Does Christianity teach sodomy is sinful? Yes. Everyone is hurt by sin. You, me, etc. Do I like it when people preach to me about my sins? Of course not. But I recognize the reason that they are doing so is that they want me to become a better Christian.

How much of your time do you spend on this one small topic compared to all other Christian teachings put together?
                              How many threads do people start on it? I don't start the threads, MikeH.

At the moment some of our gay posters feel like they are being persecuted by your intolerance in every thread they post in.
                              Do I post about homosexuality in every thread, or is this an exaggeration? If the concern is keeping it to one thread, then fine. I can do that.

Do you really care so much about making peoples lives miserable that you have to spend so long abusing them here? Can't you just let most of the threads go without posting?
                              Is the concern that I like to post in most threads, or is the concern that I post about homosexuality?

If everyone who couldn't stand your posting left, there'd be virtually no-one here.
                              And I could hit the abuse button ten times a day if I wanted to. I'm aware that a significant number of people hate me here. I don't see any way that this will change. As was commented earlier - I could post that 'water was wet', and people would complain.

My non-controversial thread on Armistice day had calls for my banning Mike - there was nothing in there about gay marriage and homosexuality. You saw the thread. There was absolutely not a thing in there about harrassment - to anyone. Look at the posts from the other posters. How many of them are the same folks you are getting complaints from, MikeH? I don't know, but you do.

Am I really the problem here? If folks refrained from posting, "Ben is an evil, evil man", would that change things? The gratuitous posts even in threads I haven't posted.
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 22, 2013, 08:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                                *looks around*

Too late on that barn door.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X