Kidicious is already violating the no-thread****ting-when-requested rule http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...=1#post6413239
I'd like to request that there be a formal procedure for when this happens, e.g. start with a warning, progress to a one-day ban, then a three-day ban, then each subsequent offense gets a one-week ban. Kidicious will either learn to be civil or he won't be around to be uncivil.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
Shhhh... no ones supposed to know we have rules and we are based in the Netherlands so Sava is still legal!Originally posted by -Jrabbit View PostIncorrect. The main issue is that there is no enforcement of the rule.
Of course, the forum rules haven't been updated under Aeson's site ownership. There is specific reference to the Netherlands as the site owner's country in the FAQ.
http://apolyton.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_...b3_board_usage
Leave a comment:
-
Incorrect. The main issue is that there is no enforcement of the rule.
Of course, the forum rules haven't been updated under Aeson's site ownership. There is specific reference to the Netherlands as the site owner's country in the FAQ.Special Off Topic Forum Rules:
--The Off Topic Forum will be moderated more lightly than other forums.
--Topics that might be considered 'spam' or 'trolling' in on topic forums will more often be tolerated in the Off Topic.
--Posters who want to have serious debates can insert the label "[serious]" into their thread titles. We'd ask users to respect their wishes and remain on topic in those threads. If you wish to have a lighthearted thread on the same subject, start a new thread.
--Jokes / mild name-calling / banter etc. are allowed as along as their attitude is jovial or humorous. Malicious personal attacks, attacks that are deemed to be aimed at driving other users from the site and personal threats will not be tolerated.
Leave a comment:
-
The main issue is that there is no prohibition against it.Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View PostWell, apparently you don't, if you think that calling someone 'a lying piece of ****' is somehow not horrible...
Leave a comment:
-
Well, apparently you don't, if you think that calling someone 'a lying piece of ****' is somehow not horrible...
Leave a comment:
-
I said there should be a rule against calling people horrible names. Do you understand the difference?Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View PostKid, only a few posts previously you criticised people calling people names...
Leave a comment:
-
In other words, just put the known ****heels on the ignore list and go on about your day.Originally posted by Braindead View PostThere seems to be little desire, in general, for rules and moderation from Polytubbies.
There certainly does seem to be a desire for selective enforcement of rules and selective moderation.
There is much to be said for chilling out, and not getting knickers in a knot about other posters.
Leave a comment:
-
Sounds fair, and Ben should have no problem with it as it's a perfect example of Christian-esque sacrifice.Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View PostWe could do it on a month by month tag team basis - I'll be happy to 'take one for the team' next month...

To be honest, I'd be game even if it was just Ben and not Kid.
Leave a comment:
-
We could do it on a month by month tag team basis - I'll be happy to 'take one for the team' next month...Originally posted by kentonio View PostI'm not lying, if you and Ben agree to be permanently banned and not to make DL's, I'll do the same.
Leave a comment:
-
Kid, only a few posts previously you criticised people calling people names...Originally posted by Kidicious View PostI'm not a lying piece of **** like you. How about you just stop being a piece of ****?
Leave a comment:
-
I'm not a lying piece of **** like you. How about you just stop being a piece of ****?Originally posted by kentonio View PostHow about a fair exchange, I'll take a ban in exchange for you and Ben also being banned. Consider it my jesus inspired gift to the forum.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: