Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see it, and my thanks for straightening me out.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      It isn't a stalking and habitual thing though. The people I referenced, it is.
      DaShi makes a joke of it (read up), but it's not funny.
      It is stalking. Look at how many times I've had to ask you to stop.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Gramps, go look at DaShi's "Americans" thread. You can catch a glimpse of his "my stalking him" point.
        Although this thread has turned into a fairly illustrative series of examples.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• What part of "Stop stalking me" don't you understand? I'll be happy to explain it in as simple terms as possible.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• There are very few posters here who can take the moral high ground when it comes to not insulting other posters.

It seems that a "personal attack" can be interpreted by different posters as anything from insulting their religion, place of residence, a random belief of theirs, favourite Star Trek movie or whatever. Is saying "anyone who likes Star Trek TOS is a c*cksmoker" just after someone posts a bunch of gushing praise of TOS a personal attack? Or just an accurate appraisal of the situation?

We know from experience that the main consequence of banning people for that **** is that the moderators would be come the main target of such personal attacks. Why is that better?

Anyway, I don't think things are any worse than they used to be. People just aren't getting token meaningless bans as trophies to show off how badly they behaved.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• While I agree 100% about ban trophies, I'd have to say that it's marginally worse than it used to be. The moderation is even lighter than when I was doing it, but not the drastic difference that a lot of people are trying to paint it as.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Poly OT has always been feisty. It strikes me that the people most troubled like this have been most likely to stop posting.

Those left are most likely to fall into the following categories-

1- Thick-skinned old tough-nuts who couldn't care less.
                2- Those with a long history of slugging it out and are grimly determined to see things through to the bitter end with their enemies vanquished.
                3- People who find the whole thing rather funny .

So as the less determined drop out, it all gets more concentrated. It's not the moderation.

So there it is. And it's been like this for years. We're all getting more set in our ways, and we probably won't change. There wasn't a golden huggy-wuggy past, and there won't be a golden huggy-wuggy future. It's Poly OT- deal with it.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• It's nice not being a mod anymore.

But it can still be a huggy-wuggy experience for the right thing. Look at Pekka's tumor thread. You couldn't ask for a bigger hug than that.

Personally for me, it's a combo of 1 and 3. with just a touch of 2
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• please, sir, can i has some huggy-wuggies too?
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• It may be time to break Mr Snuggles out of retirement.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                        please, sir, can i has some huggy-wuggies too?
                        Get a few tumors in your brain, and I'm sure that even with your reputation as an ass, that you'd get a few huggy-wuggies.

And Asher, no.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          Poly OT has always been feisty. It strikes me that the people most troubled like this have been most likely to stop posting.

Those left are most likely to fall into the following categories-

1- Thick-skinned old tough-nuts who couldn't care less.
                          2- Those with a long history of slugging it out and are grimly determined to see things through to the bitter end with their enemies vanquished.
                          3- People who find the whole thing rather funny .

So as the less determined drop out, it all gets more concentrated. It's not the moderation.

So there it is. And it's been like this for years. We're all getting more set in our ways, and we probably won't change. There wasn't a golden huggy-wuggy past, and there won't be a golden huggy-wuggy future. It's Poly OT- deal with it.
                          THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• That's a funny thought.

At the end there would be KH posting away in an empty forum having vanquished all of us.

And rah vanquishes his enemies? Who knew? Aren't you supposed to be the 'reasonable' one?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• :groan:
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Can he literally not link the poster with the post?
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X