Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MikeH
    replied
    But he was on a "if you post any more racist threads we're going to ban you" warning.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    He said he had already lost his job because he couldn't get to work.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by Elok View Post
    I still feel bad for him, though he was racist and posted a lot of rubbish. From the sound of that deleted post, he was in bad shape, financially, and upset. Not that that's an excuse for his utterly nonsensical misuse of the n-word, but I do feel a bit bad for him.
    I agree with this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    HC, because this is the internet.

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    He was banned for calling them dumb? Really? Auto thieves don't really make my list of smart people. Maybe they are and I'm wrong. I'm just stating my impression.
    He's posted a lot of racist threads, which I've been deleting so it's possible you lot haven't seen them. Repeatedly posting videos of black people fighting where he calls them animals that kind of thing. And out of that phrase you quoted it's not the word "dumb" that was the problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hauldren Collider
    replied
    Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    I don't believe a word he says about his real life.
    Why?

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    He's not. Sloww's racism has been overt for a long time now.



    QFT
    You're full of crap, no matter what color you are.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrazyHorse
    replied
    I don't believe a word he says about his real life.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon Miller
    replied
    He had paid off the truck and so didn't have insurance.

    Admittedly, when I paid off my car, I also dropped insurance.

    I don't know exactly what his intentions were (although from all his posts, I can guess), but we don't care about intentions here. What matters is what he did, which was post another racist thread. I renamed the thread and suggested we ban DFG. Later, MikeH deleted the thread and agreed that DFG should be banned.

    I also hope he gets things straightened out so he can care for his family.

    JM

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    Beats me. I don't recall reading anything to that effect, but like I said, the thread wasn't alive for a long time. Maybe he was afraid he couldn't afford to wait until he collected his insurance claim and got the truck back in order.

    Leave a comment:


  • loinburger
    replied
    I take it he didn't have insurance?

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Looks like I missed all the fun.
    Not really fun. Somebody trashed his truck, he started a thread ranting about how "******s" had ruined his livelihood, JM said there would be consequences, the thread and DFG have both disappeared.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hauldren Collider
    replied
    I feel bad for him too. He was a pretty disgusting racist, but I still feel sorry for the fact that he's going through a rough patch, and that he's having trouble supporting his wife and kids. That doesn't change the fact that he deserves a ban for this.

    Leave a comment:


  • C0ckney
    replied
    Originally posted by Elok View Post
    I still feel bad for him, though he was racist and posted a lot of rubbish. From the sound of that deleted post, he was in bad shape, financially, and upset. Not that that's an excuse for his utterly nonsensical misuse of the n-word, but I do feel a bit bad for him.


    i agree with that assessment. the guy was going through a tough time from the sound of it, i feel for him.

    on the other hand, he's made a lot of racist threads here and the ban had been coming for a while. it's not as if it came out of the blue.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    Possibly. I only peeked at the thread once, but given DFG's history of cluelessness about racial sensitivity, I wouldn't be surprised if he genuinely thought there was nothing wrong with using the word for a white guy. Too late now though, the thread's deleted.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X