No announcement yet.

Jesus worship is idolatry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy was two in one: human and God at once. You don't worship the human, you worship the God.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      If you base your belief on God from not seeing Him, then how many here do exist to you?
      It's the same thing.
      I have evidence that the posters here exist. They post. Even DLs have real people behind them.

No such evidence exists for your invisible friend.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

lol as if I haven't read commentaries on the bible, or endless apologetics, etc.

The problem is that I totally disagree with the standard theistic commentaries, especially throughout Matthew. I think they are BS. I think that they are foolish. It is not that I am unfamiliar with the existing corpus of writings, it is that I think they are wrong and silly in almost every respect.

It seems obvious to met that later Christianity was desperately trying to cover up the obvious differences between the religion of jesus and their own trinitarian BS made up for political reasons.

Oh and differentiating between god creating 'misfortune' and 'wickedness' is sophistry and hair-splitting.

Even in the english sense, 'evil' is not necessarily limited to wickedness, 'evil' can also mean misfortune, calamities, etc in English. Also, in context, god claims that he makes some pots unto honour and some unto dishonour.

If you keep that in mind it seems obvious that gods plan includes deliberately creating bad people or 'wickedness' (or more accurately creating some people in the full knowledge that they will choose evil, and failing to warn or prevent them, as part of a plan to "glorify" himself).
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Even in the english sense, 'evil' is not necessarily limited to wickedness, 'evil' can also mean misfortune, calamities, etc in English. Also, in context, god claims that he makes some pots unto honour and some unto dishonour.
          The point is not what does 'evil' mean in english, but what is the word that was used and translated into english.

Calamity sounds about right to me. Scripture is very clear on this that "rain falls on both the righteous and the wicked".

As for the rest, I believe all can repent and be saved. I don't believe that fairness is even in the picture though.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker View Post
            It seems obvious to met that later Christianity was desperately trying to cover up the obvious differences between the religion of jesus and their own trinitarian BS made up for political reasons.
            No, they were merely trying to define Jesus' teachings within a context of Greek philosophy. Yes, that attempt produced plenty of BS. But the core of what they were trying to explain was present in the gospels and epistles from their earliest attestations.

Oh and differentiating between god creating 'misfortune' and 'wickedness' is sophistry and hair-splitting.

Only by the ignorant, or those who are trying to muddy the water to hide their own misdeeds, perhaps. Nor are honor and dishonor equivalent to good and evil. Being made a chamberpot is not a position of honor, but that is not at all the same as evil. The difference is that the chamberpot can't rebel against the potter, whereas man can and does. That is evil.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by chequita guevara View Post
              I have evidence that the posters here exist. They post. Even DLs have real people behind them.

No such evidence exists for your invisible friend.
              If you believed in Him and followed Him, you would get your evidence (personal).

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                If you believed in Him and followed Him, you would get your evidence (personal).

JM
                So believing in something simply entails its existence? That's a classic one, and so is my answer to that: if I believe in dragons, will they come into existence too then? (like in the Discworld Noir series ). Sounds to me you're merely misleading yourself.
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                X