X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus worship is idolatry

Even Jesus thought so:
    Matthew 19:17
    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    Translation: Why do you think I'm so great? There's only one God, and that's God.

In the rest of Matthew 19, Jesus explains that in order to get into heaven, you need to follow the commandments, get rid of your worldly possessions, and follow him around.

from Mark 12

29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
    Again... Jesus affirms there is one God. Here, we see the Golden Rule. Love thy neighbor... the greatest commandment, he says.

So if you are a Christian, you should stop worshiping Jesus. He's not God. There is only one God. Stop worshiping those pictures of Mary. She's not God.

I'm concerned about your souls, guys and gals.

To us, it is the BEAST.

So if you are a Christian, you should stop worshiping Jesus. He's not God. There is only one God. Stop worshiping those pictures of Mary. She's not God.
    "I and the Father are one."
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You need a lot more study and contemplation before considering yourself a theologian, Sava.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        "I and the Father are one."
        It's a mistake to interpret that the way you do. Jesus specifically stated he was a son of God (a son, not THE son), and referred to others as children of God. When you put that in context with everything he said, it's clear he was making the point that he, as a child of God, and the Father are one... hence, all children are one with God.

Love yourself neighbor as you love yourself. The love of God is that most important commandment. They are one and the same.

Perverting it into a worship of the human form of Jesus is idolatry.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

20+ Bible reading plans including Bible in a year, chronological, as well as shorter plans. Sign up by email for daily Scripture reminders and schedule.

Read God’s Word at anytime, anywhere using the YouVersion Bible App. Share Scripture with friends, highlight passages, and create a daily habit with Bible Plans.

Try one of these and then check back.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            You need a lot more study and contemplation before considering yourself a theologian, Sava.
            Sunday school was enough for me kthx

My grandmother made me read the Bible repeatedly. I had to underline important passages in red and blue pencil. Blue was good, red was bad. Eventually, the whole book became underlined because it was all important.

religion
            God
            Jesus
            worship of Jesus

you go to hell if you do it
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Can you tell me about how PMS feels, too? Evidently, you're one of those gifted people who can talk elaborately on subjects of which you have no knowledge, or minimal at best.

Comment

http://bible.christianity.com/readingplan/

Read God’s Word at anytime, anywhere using the YouVersion Bible App. Share Scripture with friends, highlight passages, and create a daily habit with Bible Plans.

Try one of these and then check back.
                I used the second link for reference already. Most of the newer English versions have been mistranslated as to promote the agenda of modern Christian movements. It's basically bearing false witness in the name of God. They are all going to hell.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Can you tell me about how PMS feels, too? Evidently, you're one of those gifted people who can talk elaborately on subjects of which you have no knowledge, or minimal at best.
                  Don't be angry with me because I believe in the one true God.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The discussion of Arianism, Modalism and the like is an old one.

While I am a Trinitarian, I can see the Arianism argument.

Do you have any particular insights to add, or do you just wish to go over the general ideas since any many communities people aren't familiar with them (which would probably be a learning experience for most people, including myself)?

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

There's yet another mistake. It isn't up to you, and for you saying it, YOU'RE going to Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                        The discussion of Arianism, Modalism and the like is an old one.

While I am a Trinitarian, I can see the Arianism argument.

Do you have any particular insights to add, or do you just wish to go over the general ideas since any many communities people aren't familiar with them (which would probably be a learning experience for most people, including myself)?

JM
                        I pretty much just want to troll BK and anybody else that will bite
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's a mistake to interpret that the way you do. Jesus specifically stated he was a son of God (a son, not THE son), and referred to others as children of God.
                          The Jews attempted to stone him when he said he was one with the Father. Apparently they interpreted this as blasphemy.

Perverting it into a worship of the human form of Jesus is idolatry.
                          Sigh. Arianism is an old heresy. If Jesus were merely man then he could not have served as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. The model of redemption simply doesn't work.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There's yet another mistake. It isn't up to you, and for you saying it, YOU'RE going to Hell.
                            I misspoke. Forgive me Lord.

I meant to say that according to the rules God has provided us, they are going to hell.

I don't proclaim to be God, so it is implied that any violation of the rules (if I point them out) is judged via the power and glory of God.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ben, you're about to waste more valuable time that could be better spent trimming your toe nails.

Comment

Working...
                              X