Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how are you celebrating Jesus being nailed to the cross and dying a horrible death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cartimandua View Post
    I think many here are forgetting that the miracle of atonement is two-fold. First, there is the incredible self-sacrifice of Christ bearing the sins of mankind. He suffered not only the sins of the world, but also felt the pains of sickness, loneliness, and all mortal pain. Christ gave himself up into the hands of His enemies and allowed Himself to be crucified.

Secondly, he rose from the dead. Christ overcame the grasp of death and showed the world that death is not the end, but the beginning. This is the miracle that we celebrate on Easter. It is not a time to mourn, but a time to rejoice.
    Q F T Sis!
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Krill View Post
      Burgers, pizza, and Red Dwarf.

****ing awesome.
      You SWINE. Are you one of the lucky Limeys currently watching the Red Dwarf-Corra Street crossover?

:envy: :mild indigestion:

Although I hear that if the audience reception is warm enough, they might even make some new Red Dwarfs. That would be awesome.

I'm going to be spending Easter weekend writing an academic paper for law school. If I have time, I'll do a bit of legal research for my internship as well. My roommate is hosting a party, and I've had to pack up my laptop and flee to my cousin's house in order to get my work done.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Well, you can always place a fake crown of thorns atop your head and nail yourself to a crucifix: http://www.theage.com.au/national/sa...0411-a348.html
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Zevico; April 10, 2009, 22:52. Reason: the HTML codes are Yankee lies!
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I gathered my family around the television to watch Mel Gibson's timeless classic, Mad Max.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Zevico, this guy is a dumbass. Why fake thorns? You're being crucified, and the worry is the crown of thorns?
            Thanks. I feel better about myself.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
              I gathered my family around the television to watch Mel Gibson's timeless classic, Mad Max.
              I thought you were about to say the other one. The one about passion fruit or something.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I almost wished my Born-Again neighbor a Happy Good Friday, and in mid-wish thought...Are Good Friday's supposed to be happy?? I was able to change it into a "Happy Easter" without being too noticeable.

Comment

I'm going to think about how so many people can be so ridiculous.
                  Dude, you're a communist, screw living in a glass house you have an imaginary house.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Zevico, this guy is a dumbass. Why fake thorns? You're being crucified, and the worry is the crown of thorns?
                    Thanks. I feel better about myself.
                    My pleasure
                    Seriously though, you should be more respectful. This guy just suffered 5 minutes of crucifixion for our sins. That's at least 2nd place to Jesus.
                    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                      You SWINE. Are you one of the lucky Limeys currently watching the Red Dwarf-Corra Street crossover?

:envy: :mild indigestion:

Although I hear that if the audience reception is warm enough, they might even make some new Red Dwarfs. That would be awesome.

I'm going to be spending Easter weekend writing an academic paper for law school. If I have time, I'll do a bit of legal research for my internship as well. My roommate is hosting a party, and I've had to pack up my laptop and flee to my cousin's house in order to get my work done.
                      Mwuahahahaha.

It could have been better, but episode 2 is on tonight...so we'll see
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua View Post
                        First, there is the incredible self-sacrifice of Christ bearing the sins of mankind.
                        Don't we all bear the sins of mankind? We all suffer anyway whether we sin or not.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                          I almost wished my Born-Again neighbor a Happy Good Friday, and in mid-wish thought...Are Good Friday's supposed to be happy?? I was able to change it into a "Happy Easter" without being too noticeable.
                          Yeah, it is suppose to be happy. It is triumphant.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

He would have been happy either way. Seriously. Evangelicals are very happy to share the love of Christ with you.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Go to church.

go to Churce

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                Silly Westerners, Easter isn't for another week. And I wouldn't expect you to understand, Moby.
                                Originally posted by onodera View Post
                                It's not even Palm Sunday (well, Willow Sunday here) yet, and you have already killed Jesus. Jesus.
                                Humph! For once, we Westerners are celebrating Easter on the Sunday after Passover, and you Easterners are draping the dead body of Christ on the donkey while trying to figure out how to count a week and a half as 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb.
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X