Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how are you celebrating Jesus being nailed to the cross and dying a horrible death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how are you celebrating Jesus being nailed to the cross and dying a horrible death?

Mmmm, hot cross buns!

Just wondering why they called it Good Friday - cos it was good that Jesus died?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Burgers, pizza, and Red Dwarf.

****ing awesome.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Jesus didn't die in vain after all!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Reading the Bible, remembering the day, and trying very hard not to be an embarrassment to God.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Traditionally, those that celebrate this day are grategul for the "for Man's sins" part. As in Jesus died for our sins, so that we may know the kingdom of heaven. The long slow suffocation death of crucifixion, etc. are mostly ignored. When Mel Gibson did his Passion movie, everyone was upset by the violence even tho this is explicitly called out in the Bible.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Im headed to Church on Saturday night as we have a large amount of **C.E.O.'s attending this weekend and as we have three full services, we are doing a Saturday evening service as well

** Christmas and Easter Only's

GT
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Family brunch at Mom's. Maybe put on my big boy clothes.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

We're gathering at my mother's house where she's cooking a ham.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Silly Westerners, Easter isn't for another week. And I wouldn't expect you to understand, Moby.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                    Traditionally, those that celebrate this day are grategul for the "for Man's sins" part. As in Jesus died for our sins, so that we may know the kingdom of heaven. The long slow suffocation death of crucifixion, etc. are mostly ignored. When Mel Gibson did his Passion movie, everyone was upset by the violence even tho this is explicitly called out in the Bible.
                    I'm naturally very grateful that my parents chose to have sex, but that doesn't mean I want to watch it. Or even think about it. Because some necessary and even wonderful things can still be really gross when you get down to the nitty-gritty.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Comment

When Mel Gibson did his Passion movie, everyone was upset by the violence even tho this is explicitly called out in the Bible.
                        Everyone?

No wonder people think Christianity is a wimpy religion. I'm glad Mel Gibson brought all of that to the screen, it's a reminder of the brutality that we do see in everyday life.

As for me, I'll be going to the noon mass, and going home. It's not really a happy day. Tomorrow I'll go to the Vigil. I'm most annoyed that it is not at midnight, I might drive downtown. I love the Easter Vigil, but I don't think it's right to do it at 8pm Saturday night.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          Everyone?

No wonder people think Christianity is a wimpy religion. I'm glad Mel Gibson brought all of that to the screen, it's a reminder of the brutality that we do see in everyday life.

As for me, I'll be going to the noon mass, and going home. It's not really a happy day. Tomorrow I'll go to the Vigil. I'm most annoyed that it is not at midnight, I might drive downtown. I love the Easter Vigil, but I don't think it's right to do it at 8pm Saturday night.

What is it?

In our church, we have a Saturday evening service because our Lord Jesus has seen fit to bless our congregation with Three Full services each to over flowing so we are offering a Saturday evening service to anyone who wants to, afterall, its still a service to worship our risen savior Ben

This way, folks who are ignorant of the true meaning of our risen savior, can attend and hopefully learn what happened at Golgotha

Peace

GT

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            Everyone?

It's not really a happy day.

Im sorry if your having a rough personal time Ben, my condolences

Comment

What is it?

In our church, we have a Saturday evening service because our Lord Jesus has seen fit to bless our congregation with Three Full services each to over flowing so we are offering a Saturday evening service to anyone who wants to, afterall, its still a service to worship our risen savior Ben
                              Yes, but then you are one of those dirty heretics.

No, I don't think it's wrong for other Christians to celebrate whenever they are able. WRT to the Catholic church, the teachings and the tradition are somewhat different. Everywhere I've been has had it at midnight or close to it.

This way, folks who are ignorant of the true meaning of our risen savior, can attend and hopefully learn what happened at Golgotha
                              Please don't get me wrong on this. I wasn't meaning to refer to other denominations, just the Catholics.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X