Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how are you celebrating Jesus being nailed to the cross and dying a horrible death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sorry if your having a rough personal time Ben, my condolences
    You misunderstand. Today is like Yom Kippur. A time for mourning the death of our Lord and Saviour.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So, how are you celebrating Jesus being nailed to the cross and dying a horrible death?
      I know you're trying to troll Christians with this, but as a non-Christian, I'd like to take the opportunity to say you're a butthead.

Comment

Thanks, Zk. There are non-Believers, and there are buttheads.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And then there is Zkribbler, a class all to himself.

Thank you. Are you sure you want to retire to the Phils? They might catch you.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Probably going to t-p a buddhist temple.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Three days on the cross without food or water is pretty bad, though it's not like millions of people throughout history haven't suffered more. Like the Iraqi football team.

Comment

It's not even Palm Sunday (well, Willow Sunday here) yet, and you have already killed Jesus. Jesus.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Quiet, infidel!!
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hm, I was expecting someone to say "Get nailed".

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                      Three days on the cross without food or water is pretty bad, though it's not like millions of people throughout history haven't suffered more. Like the Iraqi football team.
                      Three days? Try only about six hours on the cross, unusually short for an average crucifixion. Christ was in the tomb for three days (well, technically Friday night, all Saturday, and Sunday morning).

But it isn't just about the flagellation and crucifixion, but about how according to Christian theology Jesus somehow supernaturally suffered for the collective sins of mankind, suffering something greater than a mortal can comprehend.

And all of that suffering would still be meaningless without the addition of the resurrection celebrated on Easter. Here's a little animated retelling:

Happy Easter, Apolyton!
                      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Let's not forget, he had experience at raising the dead. The main thing being left out is that all of his "connections" went away, as far as avoiding the issue. His Father sacrificed him, as Jesus knew was to be. In Jesus' dying, human emotion and despair was uttered.
                        "What hast thou forsaken me?" He has risen.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm going to think about how so many people can be so ridiculous.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

re: the OP, I celebrated it by eating lots of candy.

Comment

I think many here are forgetting that the miracle of atonement is two-fold. First, there is the incredible self-sacrifice of Christ bearing the sins of mankind. He suffered not only the sins of the world, but also felt the pains of sickness, loneliness, and all mortal pain. Christ gave himself up into the hands of His enemies and allowed Himself to be crucified.

Secondly, he rose from the dead. Christ overcame the grasp of death and showed the world that death is not the end, but the beginning. This is the miracle that we celebrate on Easter. It is not a time to mourn, but a time to rejoice.
                              In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Thanks, Zk. There are non-Believers, and there are buttheads.
                                there are non-belivers, buttheads, and at the bottom MOBIUS'es.

From a true nonreligous person that enjoys some days off
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X