Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zkribbler's Retirement House - Watch it being built!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it pretty temperate year round being on the ocean?
    It's pretty tropical, being down there by the equator.

But the reason both Lancer & I are building beach houses, is that the sea breezes do help keep the places cool [less hot] during the summers. That's one reason my house is so thin, front to back. I want lots of cross ventilation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
      It's pretty tropical, being down there by the equator.

But the reason both Lancer & I are building beach houses, is that the sea breezes do help keep the places cool [less hot] during the summers. That's one reason my house is so thin, front to back. I want lots of cross ventilation.
      Excellent concept!
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Tina,
        Will you do me a favor? The next time you take pictures, will you go over to the street side boundry of the property and take a picture looking directly at the house?
        Thank you.

Comment

• Excellent concept!
          Hee, hee. Lancer gave me the idea of running a hallway down one side of the house rather than down the middle when he told me of a possible design for his triangle hill property. I stole the idea from him. I also stole his idea for a flying roof over a rooftop garden.

Comment

• Zkrib, its Tina's last week of school before she starts work at your place as cook. So, I'll tell her you asked her to do that next Saturday but I'll be taking some today just as you describe, likely for the very reason you asked for the pics.

We need to describe the location for your (two?) person doors and your big double doors. The big door I know what you want, its really the best place that you mentioned, next to the laundry and between the trees.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Lancer,
              Will you do me a favor? The next time you take pictures, will you go over to the street side boundry of the property and take a picture looking directly at the house?
              Thank you.
              Fixed

Comment

• Pics will be taken today.

Zkrib, Sho asked that since Papa Iking will be in Mabini for a week or so, can he hire on Iking's other son, as a laborer? Since Iking and Elmer are freakin fabulous, I said "YES!" If he's half as good as either of those guys he'll be ahead of the pack.

I'm out the door...

Comment

• I'd tell you great idea, but...uh...you're out the door.

Comment

• It's a pity all these houses will be burned in the revolution.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• concrete

Comment

• idea?

Zkrib, your lbc box arrived. You want us to open it up or just store it?

Comment

• I meant hiring Iking's other son is a great idea.

Open this box and the next one. This one has the saw blades. The next will will have the jigsaw. I put the odd book or computer game in one or both; store those for me please. There's also cans of food, TP, etc., to which you or the in-laws can help yourselves.

After these first two, the boxes will all be mine. My boxes are all marked. In the "B" of the "LBC" on the end of the box, there will be a small black letter, code to tell me what's in the box. Your boxes have no such letter.

We need to describe the location for your (two?) person doors and your big double doors.
                          It would seem to be the most economical to have the vehicle door and the person door share a common post. I'd d'ruther the person door be the door closer to the storeroom, but it depends upon the lay out of the trees. They outrank me on this issue.

IIRC, on the stream end of the property, there's an established footpath through the trees. That would seem to be the most logical place for the other person door.

I'm not married to any of these suggestions. My main concern is preserving the trees.
                          Last edited by Zkribbler; March 23, 2009, 14:49.

Comment

• Thank you Zkrib!

Those a very good plans for the doors all of which I believe will work but I took some pics from the road side yesterday that will tell us for certain. One at an angle from either end and then one every ten paces straight on. I'll get them up a little later after Dolores gets a chance to load them.

Btw, found a question I hadn't answered. My balcony is one meter, limited by the road and it is too limiting. That extra 1/2 meter will allow you to have a chair and sit in comfort.

Comment

• But remember: There's water booshing up from below in July, so keeping it stubby is wise. And the overhang providing shade is only one meter.

Comment

• Solid cement is the answer to ocean spray, but its your call. Regarding the sun, different times of day you'll have all sun or all shade. In the afternoon and evening you'll have 100% shade on your balconies. Well, the sun will come in from the side on your br balcony in the afternoon. 100% shade all night which might sound funny but you might want to stretch out your legs and read a book at night.

One meter you can stretch out longways along the house...

...but when you have guests its not so good on the knees.

Comment

Working...
                                X