Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a religion an intelligent person can follow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the church cared that much for what laity wants, contraception would be legal, people could divorce and get married again.
    I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Or value things differently than you?
      Given I give going to a church no value whatsoever, that is eminently true.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnabas
        If the church cared that much for what laity wants, contraception would be legal, people could divorce and get married again.
        It may still yet . Give it time for Vatican III

Besides, IMO, it doesn't matter what the church declares. It matters what the people think. It is hard to declare Massachusetts Catholics who go to Church every week and all that to be nonbelievers, but a good deal of them are politically (if not personally) pro-choice. John Kerry is not a rare Catholic in Massachusetts.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• They should all be ex-communicated.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Besides, IMO, it doesn't matter what the church declares. It matters what the people think. It is hard to declare Massachusetts Catholics who go to Church every week and all that to be nonbelievers, but a good deal of them are politically (if not personally) pro-choice. John Kerry is not a rare Catholic in Massachusetts.
            What makes you think the Catholic church is a democracy?

What the people want is irrelevant. If you are going to wait for the Catholic church to be prochoice, you'd better be working on your hibernation chamber
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The Catholic Church only thinks it can keep the hordes back . Just you wait until Vatican III comes down the pike. Probably won't be pro-choice, but probably won't be talking about excommunicating those who are (not that Kerry was excommunicated, but plenty talked about doing so).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The Catholic Church only thinks it can keep the hordes back.
                Nothing compared to Attila.

Just you wait until Vatican III comes down the pike. Probably won't be pro-choice, but probably won't be talking about excommunicating those who are (not that Kerry was excommunicated, but plenty talked about doing so).
                Hmm, 2050 is a long way away.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• A point: 42 years is hardly "long way away"... only if you have a very (very) short view of human history.

Comment

• We'll be old men if we are so fortunate to see those days, and that assumes there will be a council.

There was no council between Trent and First Vatican, so it is unlikely we'll see one in our lifespan.

Comment

• Hey, you were the one who said 2050 .

Comment

Working...
                      X