Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Supreme Court take case on Obama's citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCO
    I'm not good at that Libertarian style cut and pasting. Just reply in numbered paras.
    That's far too much effort for me, and I have to go home, where I have no poly.

Bottomline is this: It's a moot point, because the SCOTUS isn't even going to hear this case, much less rule on it. I don't think either you or I want to tie up money in a bet that won't come to pass for four years, if that's the time frame your going to put on it.

The SCOTUS will let us know tomorrow or Monday, probably, if they'll hear this. If they don't hear it, it's safe to assume they won't ever, and it's a dead issue. So why not make that the cutoff time for any bet?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
      The obedient denial of some to question the requirements of the holder of the highest office in this country really scares me.
      No other President has faced the same "questions," and the only reason Obama is facing them is out of sheer racist lunacy. It's the irrational fear of the exotic.

If I were a Hawaiian, I would be hugely insulted by the implication that someone being born in my state meant their citizenship was open to valid questioning, while no one would be doubting it if he were a white guy born in Missouri.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

the only reason Obama is facing them is out of sheer racist lunacy

So was it racist for them to demand the same of McCain? If it's good enough for McCain it's good enough for Obama to pony it up.

As usual, your blame is misplaced. You should be angry and the idiots wasting the courts' time and resources with these meritless cases.
        No, my anger is that this coverup has lasted so long. I don't see why Obama should be any different then any other American who has to show their birth certificate to do mundane things.

I am angry at the press, who holds one standard for McCain, who immediately brought out his birth certificate, when the media asked him. Why didn't Obama do the same? It's not hard. It shouldn't be difficult.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

No other President has faced the same "questions," and the only reason Obama is facing them is out of sheer racist lunacy. It's the irrational fear of the exotic.

If I were a Hawaiian, I would be hugely insulted by the implication that someone being born in my state meant their citizenship was open to valid questioning, while no one would be doubting it if he were a white guy born in Missouri.

Really don't care what color he is.
          I am a citizen of this country and it is my right to ask.
          Do you want to take that from me?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

So was it racist for them to demand the same of McCain? If it's good enough for McCain it's good enough for Obama to pony it up.
            It was only brought up by some people in response to the racists going after Obama. And McCain should have told them to pound sand, he was under no obligation to provide it.

And since Obama didn't once ask McCain to produce it, nor ever question his birth, saying he's therefore obligated to "pony it up" is just plain stupid.

No, my anger is that this coverup has lasted so long. I don't see why Obama should be any different then any other American who has to show their birth certificate to do mundane things.
            Coverup? What coverup? There's no shred of proof of a coverup. Obama's birth certificate was verified by the ****ing head of Hawaii's ****ing Dept. of Health.

And you clearly have no idea what you're talking about wrt Americans being required to show their birth certificates, as they do NOT have to provide it for any "mundane" things. There are very strict rules about how and why such documents can be required.

The constitution does NOT specify how to provide proof of natural citizenship for a POTUS, and in that absence the declaration of the Hawaii DoH head is more than sufficient, ESPECIALLY since we're talking about asking for private documents that aren't a matter of open public record.

I am angry at the press, who holds one standard for McCain, who immediately brought out his birth certificate, when the media asked him. Why didn't Obama do the same? It's not hard. It shouldn't be difficult.
            Obama didn't feel obligated, nor should he. Nor should McCain have felt obligated. And the press asked it from Obama, too, so being angry at them for a false double-standard is stupid.
            Last edited by Boris Godunov; December 5, 2008, 00:16.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
              Really don't care what color he is.
              I am a citizen of this country and it is my right to ask.
              Do you want to take that from me?
              Did you ask it of Bush?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Did you ask it of Bush?

More

I cannot stand that son of a Bush

BTW
                If you want you can search past post at my anti bush bashing.

Comment

Obama’s Hawaii birth certificate confirmed
                  Pacific Business News (Honolulu)

The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed on Friday what Barack Obama has been saying all along: the presidential candidate was born in Honolulu.

“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate,” said Chiyome Fukino. “State law prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.”

Citing her statutory authority to oversee and maintain Hawaii’s vital records, Fukino said she has “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

“No state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawaii,” Fukino added.

Lingle, a Republican, has been campaigning on the Mainland for Obama’s opponent, Sen. John McCain of Arizona.

Obama, a Democratic senator from Illinois, was born Aug. 4, 1961, in Honolulu. He graduated high school at Punahou School in 1979.
                  Any other discussion of this issue is simply ridiculous.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I have observed that those who yell race first are the ones with something to hide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood
                      More

I cannot stand that son of a Bush

BTW
                      If you want you can search past post at my anti bush bashing.
                      That's dodging the question.

Did you ask to see a copy of his Birth Certificate, YES/NO?
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Any other discussion of this issue is simply ridiculous.

Good then let the public see it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

That's dodging the question.

Did you ask to see a copy of his Birth Certificate, YES/NO?

no, this was not a concern with him.

His daddy was pres remember?

Comment

• Over 100 posts on this???

Amazing.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood
                              no, this was not a concern with him.

His daddy was pres remember?
                              So? That isn't absolute, proof-positive.

Did you ask it of his daddy? Clinton? Reagan? Carter? How far back should I go, I'm not sure how old you are.

Good then let the public see it as well.
                              The public is not entitled to see anyone's birth certificate, it's a private record, not a public one.

The attestation of an official such as the head of Hawaii's DoH is, as I said, more than sufficient. If you can't accept it, then you're being unreasonable and promoting a double-standard.

EDIT: Plus, the public HAS seen a Certified copy. Why isn't that enough?
                              Last edited by Boris Godunov; December 5, 2008, 00:27.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                                Over 100 posts on this???

Amazing.
                                Fighting a tide of rising stupidity is always a heavy slog.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X