Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide protest against Proposition 8 tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So they are the only people who voted for it Lancer?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

Can you stop with the "little old lady"?

While the actions of the protesters was deplorable, she really should have known better.

That she is a "little old lady" means nothing. Like I said if it had been a 35 year old male, your panties wouldn't be so twisted.

ACK!
      First of all you must have me confused with those who support the protester because I don't wear panties.

The actions were deplorable whether or not she was a little old lady. Her being a little old lady should have given them cause for additional restraint thats all. Maybe I am old fashioned but I respect old people and show them extra courtesy. I am more likely to get in fight with my brother and call him an inappropriate name as opposed to my grandmother, even though it is wrong to do it to either.

Comment

• While NGR may have a point about majority rule, I'm confused as to why the majority seems to care if gays can marry.
        Lefty had a pretty good explanation for it. I personally don't give a **** about gay marriage, but I do care that the America's democratic processes are followed properly and not circumvented by activist judges.

Comment

• The black minority made it a majority Imran. The gays and lesbians spent millions to get out the black vote because they hate Bush so much... They failed to realize they were galvinizing socially conservative voters who would overturn their cause.

I find that hugely MrFunny, since he's now protesting in front of the white house or wherever.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Deity Dude

First of all you must have me confused with those who support the protester because I don't wear panties.

The actions were deplorable whether or not she was a little old lady. Her being a little old lady should have given them cause for additional restraint thats all. Maybe I am old fashioned but I respect old people and show them extra courtesy. I am more likely to get in fight with my brother and call him an inappropriate name as opposed to my grandmother, even though it is wrong to do it to either.
            So, except for the panties part, you agree with what I said.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You turd! You just compared a bunch of gay guys knocking down a sign at a rally (and not even touching her body) to a rape!
              I was comparing the similarity in attitude and circumstance not the severity of the crime.

1) It's her fault she should have known better.

2) The mob mentality that either went along with or cheered something that as an individual they knew was wrong.

But you go on defending the assault, its both amusing and disgusting at the same time.

Comment

• About blacks and Hispanics in California who voted in favor of bigotry.

Two things - one, the stereotype that many people have of gays being economically affluent stands in sharp contrast with so many blacks and Hispanics who struggle to live. This perception/misperception that gays are already so well-off may be preventing blacks and Hispanics from identifying with the current civil rights struggle.

Second, the racism that exists among too many white gays has got to be more seriously challenged and the gay community as a whole needs to build bridges between all ethnic/racial groups among gays and lesbians.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

So, except for the panties part, you agree with what I said.

ACK!
                  Legally the same - common decency different.

Comment

• What if the little old lady had been a satanist?

I know BK's answer.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Oh, and Lancer, where in my post did I say that blacks and Hispanics are to be blamed exclusively for the passage of Prop. 8? Where in that quoted post of mine did I say that they alone are responsible?

Comment

• Maybe it didn't. Hey, MrFun, check my new sig. I'm working on helping get out the message.

Comment

• taking quotes out of context

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

taking quotes out of context
                            I'm happy to see the left finally making a stand on this.

Comment

• Remember these arguments Mr. Fun, because someday (hopefully "soon", as in the next couple decades) you will get to turn them around and claim that the constitutional amendment(s) (not just state) explicitly protecting rights based on sexuality were the result of bigots trying to deny you gay marriage.

Not much consolation right now, I know...

Comment

• Why 'bigot'? That doesn't seem to fit. We're talking sexual orientation here, not race.

Comment

Working...
                                X