The Altera Centauri collection has been brought up to date by Darsnan. It comprises every decent scenario he's been able to find anywhere on the web, going back over 20 years.
25 themes/skins/styles are now available to members. Check the select drop-down at the bottom-left of each page.
Call To Power 2 Cradle 3+ mod in progress: https://apolyton.net/forum/other-games/call-to-power-2/ctp2-creation/9437883-making-cradle-3-fully-compatible-with-the-apolyton-edition
It's a good deal for the US, looking from the outside in. OBama was a huge favourite all around the world. All the bickering stopped for a little while, so... I mean I think it's important to notice, that when it was said that the US is not liked around the world, it mostly meant that the majority didn't like the current president.
What's more important though is that I think McCain supporters are more ready to be more united with Obama than vice versa. So aside policy making, I think that factor is just a big one for the country. Bush couldn't have done much to prevent those events during his presidency, most of it was bad luck and had nothing to do with him personally, even though some like to believe he caused most of them. But come on, one man can't prevent natural disasters, or terrorists attacking and so forth.
Also, a black man enters the white house so that's better for minorities, at least a feel good for knowing that it can happen. And now no one *****es about rigged elections. In a way it also says good things about the McCain voters, clearly they are better taking a loss, and that results into more united action, and that opens up new doors.
We'll see what happens, but I think little bumps in the road won't hurt so much now. You've got a young president who is well liked around the world, he's smart and has tons of energy. If he makes the right decisions is IMO not that important as it is for the folks in the US to be more cohesive and not so divided. At the end of the day, I think that's what matters.
Of course now is the time to walk the walk for Obama. It'll be interesting.
NOw, I think the world has two strong presidents. I still count Putin as the president, but I think Obama is the same caliber with lots of character, drive and possibilities. I think this alone sets US back to the world seat as a strong superpower, not that it wasn't before, but I think this is sort of getting back on the seat.
In da butt.
"Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
"Also, according to rumor, a single tear from Obama's cheek can slay demons and cure vilitigo and impetigo. His stride is as of a titan's, seven leagues at a time, and while he holds a microphone in his hand he canst take no mortal wound wound nor shed a single drop of his own blood. He speaks the native tongue of birds, and converses happily with all beasts of hoof and paw, even to the lowliest vole and marmot. Gracious as the kings of old, Obama carries no money nor answers unkind word with like. Peonies spring up where his feet trod, and were he to lay his weary head upon the ground a mighty cedar, like unto the old father trees of Bsharri and Barouk, would spring forth to shade his noble brow. In the elven tongue he is Lothlornienel, with means "Laughter in the High Places", and the dwarves call him earthfriend, as well as "Khazad ak Manu", which means "He who does not wear patriotic lapel pins." His is the drill that shall pierce the heavens: believe in him believing in you! The Neocons speak of him in hushed tones in their shadowed, dusty halls, and refer to the ancient scrolls of the fallen empire of Mnem, which foretells of the coming of the Dusky Childe, who shall scourge their number from the halls and rotundas and tear down the altars in the high places and bring the three terrible plagues of Health Care and White Guilt and Political Transparency. They say that he will travel to Shibboleth – where the heart of Karl Rove is kept, inanimate, inside a Canopic jar – and break the seals and feast upon the contents therein: and with the power thus consumed he will erect a throne of jade and jasper and lapus lazuli, and rule upon it, and the thunderous gnashing of teeth from the Red States will play Hail to the Chief as he ascends the dais."
Also, I think it should be noted how there's not much eggs thrown and a myriad of flamewars starting as a result of Obama winning. I think it is safe to say that Republican votes are taking loss much better. I mean come on, Democrat votes never left the subject alone even after years after election, beating a dead horse. So I just think it's worth noting how silent it is. That says about the voters, not candidates.
In da butt.
"Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Wait until Obama starts doing **** conservatives don't like. Then you'll see a bunch of conservatives whining. Until then, they got their ass handed to them tonight and they know it. This was an ass-whooping on the scale of '96.
Originally posted by Pekka
Also, I think it should be noted how there's not much eggs thrown and a myriad of flamewars starting as a result of Obama winning. I think it is safe to say that Republican votes are taking loss much better. I mean come on, Democrat votes never left the subject alone even after years after election, beating a dead horse. So I just think it's worth noting how silent it is. That says about the voters, not candidates.
1. This election wasn't close so it's not as much of a let-down for Republicans
2. www.freerepublic.com Read it and glory in the insane bitterness.
I don't think the second point stands. If Obama had lost, we coudl hear the noise globally. A website or two don' tmake a difference in that.
In da butt.
"Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Also, I think it should be noted how there's not much eggs thrown and a myriad of flamewars starting as a result of Obama winning. I think it is safe to say that Republican votes are taking loss much better. I mean come on, Democrat votes never left the subject alone even after years after election, beating a dead horse. So I just think it's worth noting how silent it is. That says about the voters, not candidates.
Pekka gets it.
Really, you won't see conservatives arguing about hanging chads for 8 years.
Scouse Git (2)La Fayette Adam SmithSolomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
"Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!
The number of people who whined for a long time about the Kerry loss is far lower than the number who whined for a long time about the Gore loss. For the same reason. And 2004 was still fairly close (~100 000 votes in Ohio IIRC). This was annihilation in comparison.
BK, this point becomes even more apparent when... we don't view McCain and Obama with much difference. I mean to us, they're both right wing. Obama is young and black, McCain was white and older. One says he won't impose new taxes, the other one says he will shuffle the thing a little bit. That's about it. For the Americans, there are, of course, big differences, but for the majority of outsiders, it's just little nuances.
Thus, the silence is even more noticeable.
I think what has hurt the US, one of the top things is the fact that it has been divided. Now that it goes the other way, it'll be more united and a driving force rather than a hurting point.
You coudl always say that well, you can't leave alone topics such as war, and tons of other things, but it was still more democrat vs republican voters rather than the issue. For many it must be the issue, but for many others, it's also about the political beliefs, and if you're going to make the poltiical beliefs your biggest point, you'll never be united. And that is the good kidn of patriotism, the healthy one. I think it's ironic that they've been getting lots of blames about nationalism, but when the leadership changes, they seem more patriotic, as in we didn't get our pick, so let's move on and hope the country succeeds with this other guy. So that's patriotism.
Few freepers won't change that. And hey, this thread was started by Republican vote, then again we all know Sloww is his own class regardless the environment
But it's a lesson, I think, that should be remembered. IT's an improtant one to note, it's time to look in the mirror. It should be a learning experience.
In da butt.
"Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
That's because the Republicans got trounced. Not beat by a couple of hundred votes in one state.
Are you so dim as to not see why people would feel more bitter about that?
Sore when they lose, sore when the win.
Pekka, you got it spot on. Dems are always sore about something.
Scouse Git (2)La Fayette Adam SmithSolomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
"Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!
but for sure I am going to miss Palin ... American politics have just become same old dull affair now... I think we will have to look to Austria for entertainment, gay sex and nazi quotes now
Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"
Comment