No announcement yet.

The feminist manifesto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's been so long since I've had a circle jerk, can I join in?

Originally posted by General Ludd
    Seriously, what's the point of this thread?

Picking out some inane quote from some inane website about some inane topic that has no relevance to anyone in this forum, and then throwing a miniature two-liner tantrum about some stupid nitpicky issue you have with it. Who the hell cares?
    If that quote wasn't sadly representative of contemporary feminism, I would agree with you.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: It's been so long since I've had a circle jerk, can I join in?

Originally posted by General Ludd
      Seriously, what's the point of this thread?

Picking out some inane quote from some inane website about some inane topic that has no relevance to anyone in this forum, and then throwing a miniature two-liner tantrum about some stupid nitpicky issue you have with it. Who the hell cares?
      Some people are prone to show their aggression towards feminism on this site. It never matters to them how little sense them make, just like bigots.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Re: The feminist manifesto

Originally posted by Agathon
        I'm surprised they still do this. Western feminism talked big, but ultimately was about empowering middle class women with college degrees in order to make it more socially acceptable for them to do things that had previously been reserved for middle class men with college degrees.

Once they got what they wanted, the air pretty much went out of the movement (much like the rest of the 60s crap...
        I think it reached it's apex in the early 90's. I found it odd, circa 1999, that the next generation of young women who weren't middle class and higher on the status scale (and some who were) placed their personal self-worth on the shoulders of the guy they were hanging out with.

Come to think of it, middle-class women do that too, but base it more on economic than personal/physical attributes.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The feminist manifesto

Originally posted by Theben

I think it reached it's apex in the early 90's. I found it odd, circa 1999, that the next generation of young women who weren't middle class and higher on the status scale (and some who were) placed their personal self-worth on the shoulders of the guy they were hanging out with.

Come to think of it, middle-class women do that too, but base it more on economic than personal/physical attributes.
          I don't find it odd at all. I wish it wasn't so, but it has become rather silly since. Part of it has to do with the unspoken assumption that women cannot possibly be to blame for anything bad about society (like the beauty industry -- I nearly pissed myself laughing when I heard some women's studies lecturers claiming that men forced women to wear make up and all that jazz. Apparently they haven't noticed that men aren't particularly choosy).
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

The world would be such a better place to live in if girlfriends weren't cockslapped.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I'm going to cooter punch the next poor 60+ year old wheelchair bound black muslim lesbian feminist I come across thanks to this thread.

Comment

We should strive to end grammatical violence on Apolyton!!!
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: The feminist manifesto

Originally posted by Agathon
                  Apparently they haven't noticed that men aren't particularly choosy).
                  WTF?!

Comment

I take it you haven't seen the Babe Thread.

Comment

Ableism is a bit different then that. It would be saying that deaf folks are stupid when they fail to understand what you said.

Yes, it's true that there are some things disabled folks can't do as well, but just because one has poor senses says nothing on what is going on inside their head. That is ableism.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

All right. Des Moines, Iowa. Noon tomorrow.

Keep your **** out of my home state. I may be in Maryland now, but I will send the gay mafia after your ass if act up in my home state.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Feminist manifesto
                          Ending violence
                          Including ageist violence in the list

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          We should definitely hire more blind people to do graphic design.
                          Sadly Apolyton has hired too many as is.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                            Ableism is a bit different then that. It would be saying that deaf folks are stupid when they fail to understand what you said.

Yes, it's true that there are some things disabled folks can't do as well, but just because one has poor senses says nothing on what is going on inside their head. That is ableism.
                            Ben... Said something truly compassionate, sane, and I fully and cheerfully agree with? WTF?
                            You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                              I take it you haven't seen the Babe Thread.
                              Trying to demonstrate that men aren't choosy, and especially that women don't need to alter their appearance to attract men by pointing to babe thread is stupid. I agree that there are pictures and women in there that I don't find attractive. However, every, or perhaps nearly every, woman in there has make-up on, most have almost certainly have implants, even those that do not are most likely wearing a push-up bra or tape or something to make them look bustier. There's also the clothing (or lack thereof), but what is there is assuredly over-priced, because it is meant to attract men. There is always the influence of professional lighting and photography, plastic surgery, air-brushing, and photo-shopping. Some of those photos are about as real as a painting. That thread is the greatest evidence of the need to "aspire" to greater "attractiveness", not a refutation of that idea.
                              You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Yes, that was actually the point I was trying to make. Thank you. I'm lazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X