I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious

From what? Believing that someone like John McCain is a hero? He was a baby killer. He still is. He deserves what he got. He's very pro-war, pro-America. He's your man, not mine. America is your country, not mine. I've got nothing to meltdown from. You're the one with the meltdown coming.
    How do you figure?

edit: me with the meltdown, I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
      How do you figure?

edit: me with the meltdown, I mean.
      Actually, you're a bit more grounded that others on this site, like Lancer and com????. For example, you probably wouldn't suggest that republicans don't say stupid things. You probably don't worship John McCain. But you suggested that I was having a meltdown, which is hardly true. That happene long ago.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
        How do you figure?
        Judicious use of the quote feature is at a premium on Poly, it appears.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
          The dems are going to lose because they have the leftist media on their side. The ones that think that moms can's have careers etc etc etc. Also the stategist that figured out that attacking McCain for being unable to use a computer is a good idea when millions of Americans are in that situation. Not to mention being out of touch because why? He's old. . I got a freakin hint for those 'strategists'...alot of freakin people are old, V O T I N G people. Or that left politico that said Palin's single qualification is that she hasn't had an abortion, or the guy that...never mind I'm tired of writing.

With friends like these, Obama doesn't need enemies. The main stream nation hasn't gone "yuck" this hard since Bill got the idea to do the cigar thing.

Obama is finding out just how loonie the loonie left is.
          This was fun to write.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Lancer,

I can't believe that you actually think that what I say on this website is either going to get McCain elected or not get him elected. More than that, I can't believe that you don't understand that I don't care. First there was Reagan, then Bush and then Bush II. So next there will be McCain, and then maybe Palin. There will be more wars etc... It's not my fault. I'm just speaking truthfully here.

Comment

• Kid, I don't believe anything said on this site really means anything particularly important to anyone but the poor folks some here have helped. That's it.

I hope we're done with war forever, I hate war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                Kid, I don't believe anything said on this site really means anything particularly important to anyone but the poor folks some here have helped. That's it.
                True. I've been here long enough to know that I'm not going to change anyone's mind. If I have I don't know about it.

I don't post to change people's minds though. I don't really know why I post really. If I did I would probably know a lot more about myself than I actually do.
                I hope we're done with war forever, I hate war.
                I actually believe that.

Comment

• I post because I have to do something in between pizzas.

Comment

• agreed, even as a right wing nutcase republican. I totally agree we should do away with the electoral college. 4-5 years ago I would of said heck no, but wait, shouldnt a vote be a fuckin vote anyway? Who cares if its from bumfart alaska or Los Angelas

An electoral tie which is very possible givin the current polling data Where Obama wins Colorado and McCain wins new hampshire would cause a civil war or serouis revolt. Serouisly folks. The system is dumb and needs to be reformed or scraped after this election. I know im late on the bandwagon but im happy to be on the right wagon on this issue

I didnt even realize a tie was possible until recently. Or the silliness of split Electoral Votes like maine.

Comment

• I guestimate Obama's chances of making America better at about 20%.

I guesstimate McCain's at 0% or lower.
                      That generous?

I didn't take you for an Obamaphile.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto
                        One thing I should bring up is this, which I agree with. The 'Bush Doctrine' can be interpreted to mean different policies, so I will give Palin a pass on her initial answer, but once Gibson specified he meant the preemptive policies Bush pursues, then it would have been nice to hear a more to-the-point yes or no.
                        Bingo... in addition, I do like this:

In a conference call with reporters, Obama said Clinton would continue the "Bush doctrine" of only speaking to leaders of rogue nations if they first meet conditions laid out by the United States.
                        Apparently Obama doesn't know what it is either.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Apparently Obama doesn't know what it is either.
                          Obama's comment is actually very intelligent, and Palin's is just gibberish. It's clear that she had never heard the term before or didn't remember hearing it.

Comment

I called you stupid for not knowing it's true.
                            Its not true, truth is not the issue. This is merely your opinion. Not knowing opinion from truth is a good definition of stupidity.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Lancer,

I can't believe that you actually think that what I say on this website is either going to get McCain elected or not get him elected. More than that, I can't believe that you don't understand that I don't care. First there was Reagan, then Bush and then Bush II. So next there will be McCain, and then maybe Palin. There will be more wars etc... It's not my fault. I'm just speaking truthfully here.
                              Which political party was in power during the start of WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam?

If you had half a brain you would realize your issue is with Politicians, not just Republicans.
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

Its not true, truth is not the issue. This is merely your opinion. Not knowing opinion from truth is a good definition of stupidity.
                                Another stupid republican comment. I think you mean opinions aren't "facts," not truth.

And I'm not going to waste my time posting more stupid things republicans have said. I could go on forever.

Which political party was in power during the start of WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam?

If you had half a brain you would realize your issue is with Politicians, not just Republicans.
                                So your opinion is that it's more likely than McCain to start another war than Obama? What do you base this on?

Comment

Working...
                                X