I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by conmcb25
    The North even admitted they could not beat the USA militarily. So no we "didn't get our ass whipped".
    They didn't try to beat the US militarily. They still whipped our ass.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I am really kind of surprised none of you loonie lefties have hit on the fact that it appears that Palin had no idea what the "Bush Doctrine" was. The whole preemption thing.

That hit me like a ton of bricks and I find it hard to believe that the Rep VP candidate wouldn't know what that was, it being such a fundamental change and a big part of the reason why Bush has dealt with the world the way he has since shortly after 911
      Because to a redneck whether or not you have justification to invade a country or not is not an issue. Of course she believes in invading countries for no valid reason. The're not Americans after all. Hell they aren't even white or christian, and they have funny names.

Comment

I am really kind of surprised none of you loonie lefties have hit on the fact that it appears that Palin had no idea what the "Bush Doctrine" was. The whole preemption thing.

That hit me like a ton of bricks and I find it hard to believe that the Rep VP candidate wouldn't know what that was, it being such a fundamental change and a big part of the reason why Bush has dealt with the world the way he has since shortly after 911
        Because:
        (a) I, too, had never heard preemption referred to as the "Bush Doctrine."
        (b) Because preemption was not a fundamental change in anything. It's long been permissible to go to launch an attack if another country is about to attack you. The only thing different,, is apparently someone is now calling it the Bush Doctrine.

BTW: In 1980, there was a Star Trek board game, my favorite scenario of which was a preemptive attack by the Enterprise against a Klingon dreadnought and two destroyers.

Comment

I'd say the most striking thing is that she didn't seem to realise that we attacked Iraq after being told that they were going to attack us and it was all just bull****.

Comment

I am really kind of surprised none of you loonie lefties have hit on the fact that it appears that Palin had no idea what the "Bush Doctrine" was.
            Us loonie leftists don't have a horse in the race between the two parties. Obama's as bad as McCain.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I'd say the most striking thing is that she didn't seem to realise that we attacked Iraq after being told that they were going to attack us and it was all just bull****.
              It is clear that you have no concept of what I am talking about. thanks for sharing
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

Because:
                (a) I, too, had never heard preemption referred to as the "Bush Doctrine."
                (b) Because preemption was not a fundamental change in anything. It's long been permissible to go to launch an attack if another country is about to attack you. The only thing different,, is apparently someone is now calling it the Bush Doctrine.

BTW: In 1980, there was a Star Trek board game, my favorite scenario of which was a preemptive attack by the Enterprise against a Klingon dreadnought and two destroyers.
                Then please give me the list of wars the US started preemptively since you of course claim that this policy shift wasn't a fundamental change.
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

It is clear that you have no concept of what I am talking about. thanks for sharing
                  It's clear that you have no concept of how stupid right wing politicians are. The rest of us aren't overly shocked.

Comment

Then please give me the list of wars the US started preemptively since you of course claim that this policy shift wasn't a fundamental change.
                    I didn't say the U.S. I said it was a well known doctrine. Just because WE'VE never used it before, doesn't make it a new doctrine.

Edit: I thought it was even written into the U.N. Charter, but if it were there, it'd be in Article 51, and it just isn't. A nation needs to be attacked before it can resort to self defense.
                    Last edited by Zkribbler; September 12, 2008, 19:57.

Comment

OMFG! They are going to destroy Amerka if we don't elect rednecks!
                      God, what a joke. All she does is parrot the same lame talking points over and over again. It's clear she has no idea what she is talking about.

I just can't wait to see the full interview

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto

God, what a joke. All she does is parrot the same lame talking points over and over again. It's clear she has no idea what she is talking about.

I just can't wait to see the full interview
                        Don't bother I'll summarise.

OMFG! They are going to destroy Amerka if we don't elect rednecks!

Comment

• One thing I should bring up is this, which I agree with. The 'Bush Doctrine' can be interpreted to mean different policies, so I will give Palin a pass on her initial answer, but once Gibson specified he meant the preemptive policies Bush pursues, then it would have been nice to hear a more to-the-point yes or no.

Comment

It's clear that you have no concept of how stupid right wing politicians are. The rest of us aren't overly shocked.
                            And you calling them all stupid of course makes it true.

Have you left mom's basement recently?

Comment

• Let's bomb Iran. And then Russia for good measure.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

And you calling them all stupid of course makes it true.
                                I called you stupid for not knowing it's true.
                                Have you left mom's basement recently?
                                Insert random retalitory insult that makes no sense here.

Comment

Working...
                                X