I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fear McCain is going to win

Why do I say this? It is not a secret that Rove and Co. are fantastic at campaigning. They are. They also seem pretty damn good at playing dirty tricks. They know how to present issues they know the media will not challenge.

For the last week and a half I have watched speech after speech by McCain and his VP which are nothing but lies. Statements which are not true about their own record. Lie after lie after lie. Things which are simply, not true.

The mainstream media does not call them on it, at all. The only places I hear about it are online forums, the Daily Show and Air America/Nova M, which is not very popular.

The American public is mostly uneducated and unmotivated to dig into politics, they take what they hear at face value.

McCain is going to win……

America is going down the crapper, it makes me sad. I’d say “What will I possibly do if McCain wins?” but of course there is nothing I can do I am not going to say I’ll flee the country or go to Canada, nothing like that. When the supposedly representative government I am subject to no longer seems representative however, I am forced to question if the social contract holds up. The masses have no idea at all about the politics, the issues or the history of the issues and they are going to be tricked into voting for McCain.

The Democrats should be running add after add of McCain making statements now and then sound bites of him saying the exact opposite in the past…. but they won’t,, I have no idea why not-do they want to lose?

Essentially, woe is me, I despair.

I think McCain is going to win through a combination of better campaigning and election fraud, the sort which has been going on for years, composed of independent actors and various sorts of conspiracies(none of them very large).

I give speculative thought to leaving the country but a few things hold me back.

1. Patriotism. I feel like it has been betrayed, but I still do love my country, or the idea of my country, anyway.
    2. Where would I go? I only speak English well enough to survive, which limits where I would go. I may not be able to financially support myself someplace else. Other places are not neccesarily any better off.
    3. Economics. I am still paying off my student loans, I cannot possibly afford to uproot myself.

I expect a true economic collapse or some catastrophe to happen in America within 15 years, possibly sooner. By catastrophe I mean serious economic trouble or a "real" war, or a fall towards facism(which may take longer).
    Last edited by Vesayen; September 8, 2008, 19:17.

Find one of the many threads to say this in.

I'm locking this thread mentally. No one can post replies.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Should masturbation be illegal? It teaches kids all the wrong things.

Comment

WiglafTF??

Comment

It only makes it all the more exciting to make it illegal.

Also, and here is the crux, if you make it illegal to masturbate and you're going to masturbate, why not masturbate in public? It's illegal anyway. Think about it. We'd be a nation of PeeWee Hermans, Larry Craigs, and Boy Georges.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

But I don't wanna be Larry Craig!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              It only makes it all the more exciting to make it illegal.

Also, and here is the crux, if you make it illegal to masturbate and you're going to masturbate, why not masturbate in public? It's illegal anyway. Think about it. We'd be a nation of PeeWee Hermans, Larry Craigs, and Boy Georges.
              This would flush out the masturbators and we'd have them off the streets in penis shackles.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

This would flush out the masturbators and we'd have them off the streets in penis shackles.
                War on Terror
                War on Drugs
                War on Wanking

McCain '08!

Comment

This raises an excellent point (THANKS WIGLAF). Can John McCain wank post-Korea?

Comment

The only thing he can't get up are his arms.

Comment

Thank God for SMALL miracles!

Oh no I dint!

Comment

I'd like to hear from a Chicago resident. I'm under the impression that the majority of votes taken with Obama in state office were registered "Present" votes. Not "Aye" or "Nay", present is abstaining. He made about 3 of his council meetings in the U.S. Senate.
                        Don't talk about McCain, unless it's in relation to some other left in the dust candidate.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: I fear McCain is going to win

Originally posted by Vesayen

1. Patriotism. I feel like it has been betrayed, but I still do love my country, or the idea of my country, anyway.
                          2. Where would I go? I only speak English well enough to survive, which limits where I would go. I may not be able to financially support myself someplace else. Other places are not neccesarily any better off.
                          3. Economics. I am still paying off my student loans, I cannot possibly afford to uproot myself.
                          Oh, come on you Alec Baldwin *****. Student loans? You think those will follow you when you emigrate? Give me a break.

Aren't you a law student? If so, you have far greater problems that a McCain presidency facing you.

Comment

LOL Slowwhand thinks 1/31 is a majority. http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...present_votes/

Now about McCain's penis size. When you get older, does the, to be discrete, human masculine package stick become smaller as well? I think we need to draw a line in the sand here.

Comment

Student loans will follow you across borders. If I fled them to another country, my creditors would just sue me there, instead of coming after me here.

My studies will be over soon enough, but I am managing them. I fear about the imminent collapse of my country.

Comment

Working...
                              X