I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Gibson: What do you interpret the Bush Doctrine to be?

Palin: His world view you mean?

She doesn't know what foreign policy doctrine is.

Isn't Bush's foreign policy doctrine his world view?
    YOU ARE AN IGNORANT SLOB.

Well you're really not of course. Ok, here's my thinking on this. So many people throw harsh words when they disagree that I thought I'd start a new trend, attacking those you agree with.

Good idea huh?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• (Dumb ass)

Comment

• Palin: His world view you mean?

Foreign policy doctrine is in a sense his world view; thus the Nixon Doctrine was how Nixon practiced foreign affairs, and it was also his administration's philosophy for practicing foreign affairs.
          --
          That being said; it appears Palin is quite weak in formalistic foreign policy- watching the video it appeared she may not have known what "Doctrines" were.

Still, she did basically "know" what the Bush doctrine entailed- which is what is important, even if she doesn't know all the formal words for the doctrine.

Practicality and good reasoning skills are more important than Ivory Tower intellectualizing.

It remains to be proven whether or not Palin is competent to lead the US in the foreign policy realm should McCain perish in some manner. Still, It's quite doubtful that he WILL perish, and frankly VP candidates haven't usually been known for being Foreign Policy experts (Dan Quayle?, Geraldine Ferraro?, Al Gore? etc.)- that's the job of the Secretary of State.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Sod eating thunder git.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Gibson: What do you interpret the Bush Doctrine to be?

Palin: His world view you mean?

Isn't Bush's foreign policy doctrine his world view?
              Oh dear. No. A foreign policy doctrine is a specific policy or a group of related policies. A worldview is the general way that a person views the world.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                Practicality and good reasoning skills are more important than Ivory Tower intellectualizing.
                For moose hunting sure. With foreign policy you need to understand a lot of terms that people use to discuss teh subject. Also, it simply shows that she is in no way prepared to be president.
                Last edited by Kidlicious; September 13, 2008, 12:49.

Comment

• You wonderful person you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                    You wonderful person you.

-----

I wonder how some of these guys would interview a person for a job. If they would have any clue what a BS answer was.

Comment

• I think I was too tough on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer

I think I was too tough on him.
                        Maybe you can be VP some day.

Comment

• "Bush Doctrine" can refer to several different things. It was bad journalism to pretend it only applies to pre-emptive strikes, and to phrase the questions so that what is actually being referred to is not explicit. Might as well ask the question, "What do you think of that Bush policy thingie?"

Comment

• Katie Couric must have been busy baking cookies or having a period or something but that would have been HOT happy time. Gibson sex penis downsizer
                            Last edited by Wiglaf; September 13, 2008, 16:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
                              "Bush Doctrine" can refer to several different things. It was bad journalism to pretend it only applies to pre-emptive strikes, and to phrase the questions so that what is actually being referred to is not explicit. Might as well ask the question, "What do you think of that Bush policy thingie?"
                              Maybe he approached the interview like a job interview. You get asked ambiguos questions at job interviews just so they can see how you answer the question.

Too bad people who might vote for her don't give a **** if she's a stupid redneck or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                                Katie Couric must have been busy baking cookies or having a period or something but that would have been HOT happy time. Gibson sex penis downsizer
                                Are you kidding me dude? Have you ever seen Couric in a swimsuit? no likie
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X