Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    No she does not. Palin is against all abortions in all cases even if it was from rape, incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger. She also wants to make all abortions illegal no matter the circumstances.

http://themoderatevoice.com/politics...-and-abortion/
    Oerdin, quit lying. It doesn't say that Palin is against abortion if the life of the mother is in danger, no matter what.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I feel bad for that girl. 17 years old, pregnant, and having every second of it advertised to the American public as part of a presidential campaign. She's going to see some awful things said about her on national television for the next month or so.

As for the politics of it, I think Obama pretty much said his piece on the matter, and I very much doubt his campaign will have anything further to do with it. That won't stop the pundits, though, and where they could really make their (political) money would be in pointing out the irony of a pro-life, anti-contraceptive, pro abstinence-only mother having a pregnant daughter. They could weave it into a pretty interesting narrative if they were to weave in the stats on the abstinence only programs. I doubt any of them will be smart enough or take the time to comment on it effectively, and, more likely just offend the hell out of people.
      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

So, topless pictures of this Palin?
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Seriously though, if you are an intelligent person and a good parent your daughter probably won't get pregnant before she gets out of high school. She's a MILF.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I find it amusing to think that it's the parents fault if the child does something "wrong".

Please. She's 17, she goes out during the day, she has sex with some dork who wanted to impregnate her so that he could live off her family's wealth, etc etc. She's okay with it, live happily ever after. The end.
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
              I find it amusing to think that it's the parents fault if the child does something "wrong".
              Then you don't understand how children should be raised. The actions of the child reflect the parenting of the parent. The concept that all children operate independently of their upbringing is actually scientifically discredited.

Irresponsibility on behalf of the child (someone under than 18) reflects on the parenting.

There is a possibility she was responsible (using a condom or whatnot), and maybe it broke. I just have heard way too many stories from these Christian families with <18 year olds getting knocked up because they don't know what the **** they're doing.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So, to summarize:
                1. She is under investigation for firing the Public Safety Commisioner of Alaska in carrying out a personal vendetta.
                2. She fired the police chief of Wasilla for not supporting her election (she offered no reason except to say, "You know in your heart when someone is supportive of you.").
                3. Her daughter dealt her some massive pwnage to her attitudes on abstinence and contraception.
                4. She was director of a pro-Ted Stevens 527.
                5. She appears to have lied about her stance on the Bridge to Nowhere.
                6. She was a member of a far-right pro-secession Alaskan Party, and appears to still sympathize with them.

And all of this is on top of her paper thin record (the Republican State Senate President, Lydia Green, doesn't think she's qualified), appears to have limited knowledge about foreign policy (had no opinion on Iraq as late as last year), has extreme stance on abortion (a stance that maybe 10-20% share), and has said that she wants to teach creationism in public schools as recently as two years ago (even if she tried to wriggle her way out of that).

She's dangerously close to Tom Eagleton territory, here. Though I think she'll stay on, if only because switching running mates would completely doom the McCain campaign.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

(the Republican State Senate President, Lydia Green, doesn't think she's qualified

Uh, she got elected by defying the local party machine. Duh they aren't going to like her?

Comment

5. She appears to have lied
                    You appear to need to get laid!

6. She was a member of a far-right pro-secession Alaskan Party, and appears to still sympathize with them.
                    You appear to still need to get laid!

1. She is under investigation for firing the Public Safety Commisioner of Alaska in carrying out a personal vendetta.
                    You are now under investigation by me for not getting laid enough!

Enough of your empty, vague insinuations. Her daughter's actions are none of your business, you terrorist. Working to get someone elected from your state does not make you complicit.

Maybe you should kept your defecation in the crapper and spare the rest of us. You are dangerously close to retarded territory with your behavior.

Comment

She's dangerously close to Tom Eagleton territory, here. Though I think she'll stay on, if only because switching running mates would completely doom the McCain campaign.

Uh... and the $4 million the McCain campaign made this weekend, in addition to massive evangelical support for the pick, may just have something to do with her staying around.

Oh, as for the State Senate President who doesn't think Palin's qualified... part of that may just because they despise each other. Green, after all, doesn't think Palin is qualified to be Governor. Why could that be? Well perhaps since Green was mentioned in the FBI VECO probe, which Palin has strongly supported.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

She's not raising her family to obey "family values", why should she lead the nation?
                        I take it then that your parents should be disqualified from high office.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Then you don't understand how children should be raised. The actions of the child reflect the parenting of the parent. The concept that all children operate independently of their upbringing is actually scientifically discredited.

Irresponsibility on behalf of the child (someone under than 18) reflects on the parenting.

There is a possibility she was responsible (using a condom or whatnot), and maybe it broke. I just have heard way too many stories from these Christian families with <18 year olds getting knocked up because they don't know what the **** they're doing.
                          Whatever, it is instinct for humans to go out and be naughty, do what is considered wrong.

I used to go out and throw rocks at other people's glasshouses when I was under 10. I even through them at moving cars. My parents weren't around to stop me, but if they had known I would have gotten a belting. My point is, parents cannot be held responsible all the time, simply because they cannot be everywhere at the same time.

On top of that, it is quite an important lesson for youngsters to learn what is right and what is wrong by actually carrying out those experiences themselves. Simply being told is not always enough to get the message through.
                          be free

Comment

Uh... and the $4 million the McCain campaign made this weekend, in addition to massive evangelical support for the pick, may just have something to do with her staying around.
                            He's on public financing in a couple days, so that doesn't change anything. Ground troops are good, but other candidates could've gotten them. And that's undermined by the various stories she has swirling around her.

As I said, she's not likely to be replaced, but it's a pretty awful rollout.

Oh, as for the State Senate President who doesn't think Palin's qualified... part of that may just because they despise each other. Green, after all, doesn't think Palin is qualified to be Governor. Why could that be? Well perhaps since Green was mentioned in the FBI VECO probe, which Palin has strongly supported.
                            Usually these sorts of hatchets are buried if a candidate's playing on the national stage. After all, hurting Palin means hurting McCain, which means hurting downballot Republicans.

That's incidental, though. Palin clearly has an extremely short resume.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Uh, she got elected by defying the local party machine. Duh they aren't going to like her?
                              They don't have to like her to have a sense of self-preservation.
                              -Bokonon

Comment

But they do have to think she's qualified?

Comment

Working...
                                X