Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

No, sadly, it won't. In fact, if the Dems try to make anything out of it, it'll probably backfire. What's frustrating, though, is that if it were the Dem candidate's teenage daughter -- say, the oldest Gore girl during the 1992 campaign -- the GOP would never, ever, ever let it go, and they'd probably profit from it.

I do hope, however, that Palin will now be dogged at every step about the efficacy of abstinence-only education. That is fair game, and she deserves every one of the questions that comes her way.
    I hope an alligator bites your nuts off. She's for abstinence programs because of course pregnancy drops to 0% when you're not banging. That does not mean she's opposed to contraception. In fact she supports it. http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...traception.asp

Maybe in your world kids will learn the pledge of allegiance and then how to grab boobies in the first grade but fortunately this country is not run by rabbits. Did you know rabbits have sex wantonly, and in people's backyards in full view.

Comment

It wasn't an issue because it didn't happen -- the Gore girls are apparently brighter than Bristol Palin -- but my point is that, if Kristen Gore had been a 5-months-pregnant 18-year-old when Al was being nominated, the GOP attack machine would have grabbed onto that for dear life and never let go; the poor kid's pregnancy would have been linked to her dad's "permissive liberal values" in a constant drumbeat all the way to election day.

I do think Bristol should be left alone, but if she is it will be because the Dems are running a more honorable campaign than the GOP ever would in the same circumstances. That's all I'm saying.
      YES ONLY REPUBLICANS SMEAR ANYONE THE DEMOCRATS ARE HONORABLE AND WOULD NEVER ATTACK ANYONE PERSONALLY OR THEIR FAMILY.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. You are a partisan hack. If this were a golf course, you would be the sand trap that no one wants to be around.

Comment

No you total ******* moron, abstinence means the children end up with no sex education to speak of, and hormones gets them ****ing like bunnies as God intended anyway and they end up getting pregnant...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

BTW, theological question:

If it is possible to get pregnant having underage sex, does that mean that God is secretly a paedo?

Comment

My understanding is that she opposes contraceptives even for married couples (hence why she has 5 children). Though that might be her personal practice which could be different from her policy positions. Dose anyone else have more information?
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

This is utterly irrelevent to the election.

However, it is funny as hell that we've already managed to find political family members that are even dumber than the Bush twins (back in the day, at least) and Roger Clinton.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I agree with those who may say it may help her. It humanizes her more, for one. Secondly, as much as they say (and Obama's says) its a family matter and the more the media talks about it, people are going to feel bad for her. Lastly, and perhaps most important, Bristol choosing life for the child and marrying the husband is the Religious Right's wet dream for a situation like this.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Look.

The burning question out of all this, surely has to be - is God a paedo?

Comment

Key evangelical leaders rallied to Sarah Palin's support Monday amid news that her 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, was having a child.

"Before, they were excited about her, with the Down syndrome baby," conservative, anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said. "But now with this, they are over the moon. It reinforces the fact that this family lives its pro-life values."

Over the moon that a 17 year old kid is marrying some ****wad who got her pregnant. Time for them to check their own morals...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Like I said, this is the religious right's wet dream for a situation like this. They want every teenage pregnancy to end with the child being born and a shotgun marriage.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"We don't need sex education, we need strong family values" - Sarah Palin

I bet that ***** feels stupid now.

Well, look on the bright side. At least now we know why her daughter has been locked in the house for month & months. Why the press might get a picture and that would be bad for momma's career. The selfish **** spent months claiming her daughter was just sick with mono.

At the very least we now know she's a liar.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i fear her daughter might be getting pressured into marring the father for political reasons.
                          D**N IT! Not in this country they won't get away with it! This isn't some jerkwater backwoods third world country! They can't go around marring people without due process!

(Bolding added after the fact by moi.)

(I know it's a typo, I just couldn't resist.)
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

It wasn't an issue because it didn't happen -- the Gore girls are apparently brighter than Bristol Palin -- but my point is that, if Kristen Gore had been a 5-months-pregnant 18-year-old when Al was being nominated, the GOP attack machine would have grabbed onto that for dear life and never let go; the poor kid's pregnancy would have been linked to her dad's "permissive liberal values" in a constant drumbeat all the way to election day.
                            That's a brain teaser, dude. A comparison in honor based upon a hypothetical.

You're one of those with a complex about the GOP.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                              My understanding is that she opposes contraceptives even for married couples (hence why she has 5 children). Though that might be her personal practice which could be different from her policy positions. Dose anyone else have more information?
                              According to Time:

Palin describes herself as pro-life and against same-sex marriage, although she claims to have good friends who are gay. In 2006 while running for governor, she said she would support a ballot initiative that denied benefits to same-sex couples, but her first veto as governor shot down such a bill. (Palin said she vetoed it because the Alaska Supreme Court deemed it unconstitutional, not because she supports gay-marriage rights.) She is Christian and pro-life, but also a supporter of birth control: she's a member of Feminists For Life (FFL), an anti-abortion, pro-contraception organization. In 2002, she wrote a letter to FFL stating that she had "adamantly supported our cause since I first understood, as a child, the atrocity of abortion." She supports the teaching of creationism in public schools, alongside evolution. She is also a lifelong member of the National Rifle Association and supports the constitutional right to bear arms.
                              Note- I haven't found a direct quote, so caveat emptor.

Comment

So does anyone think that between this and the alleged getting her brother-in-law fired scandal, she might drop out "for family reasons" in the days to come? On the one hand, I could see wanting to do that truly FOR family reasons; on the other, I can't see how McCain could win if his first VP choice backs out. If so, who would he tap to replace her? Given how smooth things appear to be going so far in LA, I'd think Jindal would be in the mix.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X