Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant!

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 43 minutes ago ST. PAUL, Minn. - John McCain's running mate Sarah Palin said Monday that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant, an announcement campaign aides said was aimed at rebutting Internet rumors that Palin's youngest son, born in April, was actually her daughter's. ADVERTISEMENT A statement released by the campaign said that Bristol Palin will keep her baby and marry the child's father. Bristol Palin's baby is due in late December. "Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents," Sarah and Todd Palin said in the brief statement. The disclosure of the pregnancy came on the opening day of the Republican National Convention, scaled back because of Hurricane Gustav, and three days after McCain named Palin as his running mate. The other news was likely to overshadow the disclosure. The first-term Alaska governor was in Minnesota preparing for her acceptance speech when the campaign issued the statement; her family was home in Alaska. "Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family," they added. The father was identified in the statement as Levi, but the campaign said it was not disclosing his full name or age or how he and Bristol know each other, citing privacy. Sarah Palin's fifth child, a son named Trig, was born in April with Down syndrome. Internet bloggers have been suggesting that the child was actually born to Bristol Palin but that her mother, the 44-year-old Alaska governor, claimed to be the mother. Palin spokesman Bill McAllister emphatically denied those rumors, and McCain adviser Mark Salter said the campaign announced the daughter's pregnancy to rebut them. "Senator McCain's view is this is a private family matter. As parents, (the Palins) love their daughter unconditionally and are going to support their daughter," said McCain spokesman Steve Schmidt. "Life happens," he said. "An American family," added Salter. The advisers said Palin told them about the pregnancy during lengthy discussions about her background. At several points during the discussions, McCain's team warned Palin that the scrutiny into her private life would be intense and that there was nothing she could do to prepare for it. Advisers said Palin's daughter should be afforded privacy like the other candidates' children. Said Schmidt: "If people try to politicize this, the American people will be appalled." In Monroe, Mich., Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama condemned rumors involving the children of candidates and echoed the McCain campaign argument. Said Obama: "I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits." Obama adamantly denied anonymous claims that his campaign helped spread the rumors. "I am offended by that statement," Obama said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I ever thought that there was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that, they'd be fired." Prominent religious conservatives, many of whom have been lukewarm toward McCain's candidacy, predicted that Palin's daughter's pregnancy would not diminish conservative Christian enthusiasm for the vice presidential hopeful, a staunch abortion opponent. Focus on the Family founder James Dobson issued a statement commending the Palins for "for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances." He added: "Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord." Roberta Combs, president of the Christian Coalition of America called the pregnancy private. "It's a matter that should stay in the family and they have to work through it together. My prayers go out to them." Added Combs: "We're excited about the governor and think she's going to do well." Mathew Staver, dean of Liberty University School of Law, said: "We're all sinners." "We all make mistakes. Certainly, the ideal is not to get pregnant out of wedlock. But she made the right decision after her mistake," he said.

I don't believe for one second that John McCain knew about this when selecting Palin. Also i fear her daughter might be getting pressured into marring the father for political reasons. Sarah Palin should be staying home & taking care of her young disabled child & helping her daughter through these upcoming hard times. Clearly Palin hasn't been balancing work & home very well which is why things like this happen. Stop "playing" VP & go be a mother. She has zero qualifications to be the VP, what a joke. McCain is getting what he deserves for not putting country first & trying to use gimmicks to win an election.
    Strength & Honor!

It isn't the daughter who's nominated
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Obama is the offspring of a bunch of muslim kenyan goat herders who never got married but just had wild donkey sex all their lives and then died of dysentary without ever fording a river. Get off your high horse, I've just jammed you in the ass.

Comment

True, her daughter isn't important...but Palin herself apparently has similar 'mistakes' in her past. Luckily, she can be forgiven, and is thus not at all hypocritical.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I'm about as far from a fan of McCain and Palin as you get, but the job that she's applying for is Vice President, not America's mommy. Whether or not her daughter gets knocked up is totally not relevant.

All this demonstrates is the total lunacy of teaching kids abstinence instead of birth control.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Frankly I care more about the completely stupid names she's given her children than the fact that one has got knocked-up under age and out of wedlock...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

This should be discussed on the other thread, but:

Sarah Palin should be staying home & taking care of her young disabled child & helping her daughter through these upcoming hard times. Clearly Palin hasn't been balancing work & home very well which is why things like this happen. Stop "playing" VP & go be a mother.

I wonder if things like this would be said if Governor Palin was a man.

And as Senator Obama pointed out, families are off limits (which makes the Senator far, far more respectable than some of the blogs who say they are for him).
              Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; September 1, 2008, 17:07.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Palin says 17-year-old daughter is pregnant By LIZ SIDOTI

How did this work?

Comment

When your kids get pregnant in high school it could be because of bad parenting, such as not being their for them when they need you. Obama doesn't need to say anything except for what he has been saying about black people, that they should be there for their kids when they need them.
                  Last edited by Kidlicious; September 1, 2008, 17:24.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

MILF, GILF, VPILF and now GILF!

(The last G representing "Granny")
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Looks @ threat title: This is news why?
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

States with diehard Christian followers such as Palin have more teen pregnancies. Fact.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                          All this demonstrates is the total lunacy of teaching kids abstinence instead of birth control.
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Family values FTW !!!
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

How did this work?

Originally posted by Asher
                              States with diehard Christian followers such as Palin have more teen pregnancies. Fact.
                              YOU BUFFOON! THIS DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! DO NOT HIDE BEHIND YOUR **** EATING GRIN ANY LONGER! IF YOU CANNOT BACK IT UP, DONT SAY IT! IT WILL SUFFICE TO SAY THAT IN FRANCE, THERE IS NO GOD, AND YET THE FRENCH DO NOTHING BUT HAVE SEX AND EAT PUTTY CRACKERS! SUCK MY WANG!

Comment

Working...
                              X