Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the West should do about teh Russian agressors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Georgia is in Iraq, they are an ally of the US.
    They are no longer in Iraq, and the US is under no treaty obligation to them.

Oh? Are they too small and unimportant to care about?

Yes.

They applied to join Nato and their application is under consideration. If someone comes to you for help and then they get taken down, I would think the honourable thing to do is to stand up for them.

And then in the world of international relations, you would be a fool.

Hmm? The Russian navy is much weaker then the US. Statement of fact. Seems to me you need to get your own facts straight before you start accusing me.

Given that the US isn't going to get involved, what the US navy can do is irrelevant.

Why are tanks rolling through all of Georgia? Why did they have a tank brigade ready to immediately invade Georgia? It seems blindingly clear to me that South Ossetia was an excuse to invade all of Georgia.

Tanks aren't rolling thorugh all of Georgia. Look at a map and get a clue.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They are no longer in Iraq, and the US is under no treaty obligation to them.
      Well sure, since the US just flew them home so that they could defend Georgia.

Do you always use weasal words?

Yes.
      Ok. Glad to hear this so-called American attitude is confined to the coasts.

And then in the world of international relations, you would be a fool.
      You stand up for the folks who stand with you. Georgia has been serving in Iraq alongside the Americans since the beginning. Americans should do the same for them.

Given that the US isn't going to get involved, what the US navy can do is irrelevant.
      So you admit I was right? Thanks Gepap.

Tanks aren't rolling thorugh all of Georgia. Look at a map and get a clue.
      It's pretty damned hard to split the country in two while remaining confined to S. Ossetia. Funny how that works eh? I thought the issue was freeing the people there, not annexing Georgia.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
      X