The Barack HUSSEIN Obama Death List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    ... ("we") are going to change everything and bring everyone together and make partisan politics a thing of the past and bring world peace to Earth...
    When did he ever say that??!?

Comment

What exactly is "We are the ones we've been waiting for"? Even those conservative papers like the New York Times have had commentary referring to it as mass messianism.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What exactly is "We are the ones we've been waiting for"? Even those conservative papers like the New York Times have had commentary referring to it as mass messianism.
        I told you. Check out Obama.com Issues Service
        I'm pretty sure there's other portions which address this, but his Issue blueprint is 56-pages & I can't find it right now.

Comment

I remember when DaShi wasn't brainwashed... oh wait, no I don't.
          :yawn: You've become so pathetic.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            I told you. Check out Obama.com Issues Service
            I'm pretty sure there's other portions which address this, but his Issue blueprint is 56-pages & I can't find it right now.
            I realize he likes public service. "We are the ones we've been waiting for" isn't exactly an exhortation to public service, and as I've said, plenty of sources more liberal than me have found the messianism quite creepy.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

And Zkribbler has drank the kool-aid.
              And BTW, I am not a Kool-Aid drinker.
              I've often pointed out in these threads issues where I disagree with Obama.

Nuclear Power - I'm for it; he's against it.
              Stratetic Oil Reserve - He wants to use it now; I don't.
              Healthcare -- I think his plan will make things worse (albeit not as bad as McCain's plan)
              His proposed windfall profits tax + $1,000 tax rebate I see as a political ploy.

So, nyah, nyah, nyah!

Comment

So you're basing your entire argument on one line?
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Damn it, Zkrib! Stop x-posting me!
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I have found the messianism to be imaginary....usually by people who don't want to talk about this issues.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                      So you're basing your entire argument on one line?
                      Its a line that encapsulates the attitude the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        I have found the messianism to be imaginary....usually by people who don't want to talk about this issues.
                        What about those who do want to talk about the issues and find the messianism annoying?

Does rah, for one, not wish to talk about the issues?

Comment

Its a line that encapsulates the attitude the best.
                          But it's just one line. Can you give more examples?
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What about those who do want to talk about the issues and find the messianism annoying?

Does rah, for one, not wish to talk about the issues?
                            Issues are e.g.: Economy, education, energy, environment, defense, Iraq, foreign policy, homeland security, ethics in government, fiscal policy, proverty, immigation, Social Security, veteran affairs, urban policy, rural policy, and service to America.

Walking on water is not an issue; nor is turning water into wine -- no matter how good an idea it is.

Comment

can some of the Chicago people fill us in on Obama a bit? I cant imagine he rose to the top levels of local politics without tracking in a lot of mud.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                                But it's just one line. Can you give more examples?
                                "at some point in the evening, a light is going to shine down and you will have an epiphany and you’ll say, ‘I have to vote for Barack."
                                - January 7, 2008

"generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. "
                                - June 3, 2008

It seems a tad bit more full of himself than most pols (though some claim the first quote was a joke, it seems to me that it is difficult to argue that he didn't half believe it when you watch it.. also recall that that was the quote that really started the media wondering about the cult of Obama).

And of course quotes from his followers like Chris Matthews who said he felt a thrill go up his leg when Obama was speaking. And Spike Lee saying there will be a "Before Obama" and "After Obama".

Comment

Working...
                                X