LordShiva and DaShi's homework: Teh Disadvantages of Elite Education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're talking art-art?

Well, much of it is digital. You probably don't need it if all you do is paint like a child.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Um . . .yes?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        You're talking art-art?

Well, much of it is digital. You probably don't need it if all you do is paint like a child.
        What are you talking about? Even in the most "modern" settings, only a small portion of 'high' art is digital.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Well, we've already seen BK try to lecture Asher on Comp Sci in this thread. Why not Asher telling the artsy folks what art is?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Perhaps I could lecture GePap on reading comprehension. I don't think anyone here is arguing "high" art but him. And it is not a lie to saying "much of it is digital". This is true.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• CMU has a big fine arts school, and I don't think a single student there gets away with not doing some sort of computer art. They all love their little pen-touchpad things and Photoshop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                Perhaps I could lecture GePap on reading comprehension. I don't think anyone here is arguing "high" art but him.
                Nah, its you who needs a clue about how Painting and Sculpture are generally classified, in opposition to say "popular art." Next time I will try to use simpler terms with you.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Well, we've already seen BK try to lecture Asher on Comp Sci in this thread. Why not Asher telling the artsy folks what art is?
                  And no surprise to see Asher Jr. bringing up the rear.

By the time we are done here, absolutely everything that has ever been done in the world would have been done by a 'computer' however they want to define it.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm "Asher Jr.?"
                    1011 1100

Comment

• Just because 99% of people disagree with you, Ben, doesn't make them all Asher clones.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yeah, lessee, I have facial hair, I'm straight, religious, pro-life, fond of the liberal arts, know little about computers or the science thereof, despise Microsoft, consider Canada a gigantic Vermont...Asher Jr. it is!
                        1011 1100

Comment

• Vermont

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
                            Yeah, lessee, I have facial hair, I'm straight, religious, pro-life, fond of the liberal arts, know little about computers or the science thereof, despise Microsoft, consider Canada a gigantic Vermont...Asher Jr. it is!
                            What the **** -- I just realized I should be hating you.

I tire of your trickery! How come I liked you?

FACIAL HAIR? FACIAL HAIR. ****.

Though it is cute you remembered I hate facial hair.

Comment

• Canada as a gigantic Vermont
                              Canada as a gigantic New-Hampshire
                              bleh

Comment

• Elok:

I was referring to Kuci, not you.

Perhaps I could lecture GePap on reading comprehension. I don't think anyone here is arguing "high" art but him. And it is not a lie to saying "much of it is digital". This is true.
                                Asher, followed right behind by asher Jr.

CMU has a big fine arts school, and I don't think a single student there gets away with not doing some sort of computer art. They all love their little pen-touchpad things and Photoshop.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X