Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How close is Canada to another NEP? If so, how soon til Alberta splits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yogi Berraism

Originally posted by Wezil
    Who are you talking to?
    Arrian and Asher for one.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

One more thing that is happening that most of TROC (the rest of Canada) is not fully aware of is the movement that has been going on for more than 20 years for Northern Ontario (Algonquin) to separate from Southern Ontario. It would stir up the pot in ways that Quebec and Alberta couldn't even begin to guess at. For example: Much of the mineral wealth in Canada is in Northern Ontario, and the vast majority of the tax revenues from the north are never spent there. In schools which in Canada are provincially run, Northern Ontario schools get only half as much per student as Southern Ontario schools get.

Comment

Ah, yes. Apologies Asher.

I couldn't remember the context of the discussion.
        No apology necessary. I didn't even remember if I said it or not. I say crazy **** sometimes to see what happens, this may've been the case this time.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Yogi Berraism

Originally posted by SlowwHand

When did I deride State rights?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You haven't? Ok, my mistake. Sorry.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I make fun of Texas but that doesn't mean I don't support Texas right to tell the federal government to **** off.

Comment

Which we do at every opportunity.

Comment

Bearet:

You are DoublyLoved here.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Re: Yogi Berraism

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    That would be for two, wouldn't it?

Here in Canada, we are not all fans of a single, big government. We can be very provincial about the division of powers.
                    Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

Those whiners don't have the guts to go it alone. I'm so tired of this ****. I say let's kick'em out.
                      What?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearet1
                        One more thing that is happening that most of TROC (the rest of Canada) is not fully aware of is the movement that has been going on for more than 20 years for Northern Ontario (Algonquin) to separate from Southern Ontario.
                        That movement is more than 20 years old.

I agree with them. North Ont has issues significantly different than the south and should be self governed.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That movement is more than 20 years old.
                          That's probably why he said it had been going on for more than 20 years.

I agree with them. North Ont has issues significantly different than the south and should be self governed.
                          What?

Comment

Problems this morning Richelieu?
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Actually i thought your last line about Northern Ontario was very humourous. Accept my apologies if it wasn't your intention.
                              What?

Comment

It wasn't the intention, hence my follow up comment.

What is humorous about it?

The reality is the minuscule north Ont pop is swamped in provincial politics by the high pop of southern ontario. This wouldn't be so bad if the north wasn't drastically different from the south. They really are two separate regions.

Comment

Working...
                                X