Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should your country boycott the Olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which athletes are being denied entry?
    You are allowed to come provided you leave the bibles at home. That's perfectly fine for China to say, I mean it is there country after all.

However, it should be expected when Christians interpret this attitude as being less then welcoming to members of their faith, and act accordingly.

Perhaps if China learned how to tolerate religions seeking truth that transcends party membership this approach could change. Until then I think folks unwelcome in China should return the favour by boycotting the Olympics.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sure. The Olympics suck anyway. Except perhaps for women's beach volleyball.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

China is banning bibles? Damn, I need to re-evaluate my view of the Chinese.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Well then, those individual athletes can boycott if they want to, as well as any Christian nations... like the Vatican.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            That would be like Nazi Germany banning black athletes. I don't see how it is productive for athletes to participate in a Chinese Olympics, unless they are willing to allow everyone to come.
            Did the Nazis ban black athletes? American black athletes, like Jesse Owens, kicked some serious ass at the '36 Olympics.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

My government. You really can be an ass, Verto.
              Sorry, I should have said "ones" own government, referring to governments in general. I wasn't trying to come across as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                No boycott. We boycotted the Moscow Olympics when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, and the end result was we only hurt our athletes.

The Olympics should be above politics.
                Exactly.

Comment

China Dispels Olympic Bible Ban 'Rumors'

China said Thursday that Bibles are not banned from the Olympic Games amid recent furor over reports that Beijing would not allow foreign athletes from carrying Bibles during the upcoming Games
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What will not be allowed is bringing in Bibles for distribution or propaganda
                    Did you miss this sentence Kid?

Christians are not permitted religious freedom in China. We are not welcomed or wanted.

Why should we honour China when China does not honour us?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Did the Nazis ban black athletes? American black athletes, like Jesse Owens, kicked some serious ass at the '36 Olympics.
                      When Hitler wasn't snubbing them.

Comment

Ben - They probably aren't allowing vacuum cleaner salesmen in either.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Did you miss this sentence Kid?

Christians are not permitted religious freedom in China. We are not welcomed or wanted.

Huh? Sure you aren't welcome or wanted, but you are permitted to bring your bibles there and worship.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

How is competing in an international athletic event, located this year in China, "honoring" China?

Comment

They are a nation that abounds in freedom of religion, they are equally harsh on everybody.

Why would they say you can't bring over extra bibles if they had religious freedom?

Comment

How is competing in an international athletic event, located this year in China, "honoring" China?
                                Why did China push so hard to be the host?

Comment

Working...
                                X