Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should your country boycott the Olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    No, we shouldn't boycott it. But we should bust the government of China's balls the whole while.
    This works too.

Comment

I'm not taking part.
      Blah

Comment

Voted yes so I don't have to see and hear that ching chong language every time I turn on the television.

Comment

The country shouldn't, but the tourists who buy tickets and associated crap should.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
            I have a bridge in the New York area to sell you.
            No thanks. I own three already, and I'm trying to diversify my assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

The Olympics should be above politics.
              They never were and they never will be.

For starters the IOC should scrap the whole nationality thing (flags, anthems, the works).

Olypmics
              Athletes
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I would have voted "Yes", but Boycott Chinese goods instead took my vote. We should be doing that anyway, though.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

MSG IS A PERFORMANCE enhancer!!!!!!!!!!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by DanS
                    No, we shouldn't boycott it. But we should bust the government of China's balls the whole while.
                    QFSure, failing an outright boycott.

I love the track and field events, but I've decided NOT to watch the Olympics this year because of China's actions. I've never been happy about them getting the hosting gig in the first place, but this is just too much.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Boycotting the Olympics will accomplish nothing except to increase hostility on both sides. (Goods will accomplish that too, as well as drive a stake through the heart of the world economy, though that would at least not be as hypocritical as boycotting the Olympics while buying the goods.)

More flies with honey...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                        More flies with honey...
                        I think the repeated humiliation of the Chinese in having the torch run harassed in France, Britain, and San Francisco will have a greater effect....especially if the remainder of the run has to be cancelled.

Comment

... protester and the citizen should throw to garbage their Chinese product if they want their government to boycott.
                          bleh

Comment

I don't think we should boycott the olympics.

Comment

No.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

No. Instead have the official U.S. uniforms include "Free Tibet" emblazoned across their chests.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X