Ken Kutaragi replaced as president of Sony's gaming unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

Considering there are ZERO other games even close to acceptable quality, why is that surprising...?
    It seems that the Wii and the 360 are in roughly the same situation, then...

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
      Well since you're so down on Nintendo, how many units did The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II sell on the 360?
      I've no clue. Go look if you can find it.

Since it's available on the PC and since it's an EA game, I don't think it means anything here?

You're awfully fanboyish about a game that is currently nothing more than a trailer without even any in-game screenshots.

Halo Wars might sell well. But it's far more likely to sell well on the word "Halo"
      Duh. It'll sell a million copies on the Halo franchise alone -- it'll sell more if it's really, really good too.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        I actually don't think any console will ever be able to do RTS's as well as the PC. The ease of hotkeys alone make the play experience better for me now that I got the hang of them.
        Quite true. But the Wii has the best chance, since you can use the Wiimote as a mouse. And maybe you could bind hotkeys to gestures.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          That would be an effective troll if it wasn't easily disproven by:
          1) The 360's record software attach rate at the 1 year mark (games sold)
          2) The 360's record for highly rated games at the 1 year mark (games reviewed)
          and
          3) Anecdotal evidence of many extremely satisfied 360 buyers

The Wii, quite literally, has one good game. And it's not even exclusive to the Wii.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Oh, I forgot - the 360 has another good game. Halo 2. Next-gen FTW!

Comment

It got you to pull out your e-penis and start measuring it, so I'd say it was pretty effective. Unlike yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                Yes, Asher, the games are the same...so far. But as I said, they're just learning to implement the controller.
                Yeah, the developers have only had two years notice by Nintendo to figure out how to use the remote.

Give them time and the games will be different. The first games out for a new console are invariably the ones that make the worst use of its abilities, because programmers haven't yet learned the abilities from experience. Red Steel would probably be a lot more fun if the controls were less clumsy, no? As would Zelda if Link swung his sword as you swung the Wiimote?
                Here's an idea -- why do you think these implementations are clumsy? Of course it never crosses your mind it may be a limitation of using such a controller for these types of games. Of course it never crosses your mind that the Wiimote's accuracy is sensitive to simple things like the lighting level in the room or if there's any kind of sunlight in the room. Of course it never crosses your mind that it's awkward to play games when you're jumping around like an idiot.

The flaw is the programmers!!!

[And if you think the means of control isn't an integral part of the gaming experience...huh? Light guns are a bit different from the Wiimote, seeing as all you can do with them is point and pull the trigger.
                Pure semantics. If a light gun isn't an integral part of the gaming experience, neither is the Wiimote. Both are different ways of controlling games, suitable for some games but not others.

Changing the control does not revolutionize the gaming experience. You need the games to actually change to do that.

Comment

It got you to pull out your e-penis and start measuring it, so I'd say it was pretty effective. Unlike yours.
                  Not effective? Look how many people here are crying for the Wii.

Including you.

Comment

Of course it never crosses your mind that it's awkward to play games when you're jumping around like an idiot.

DDR. Owned.

And it's not like people don't look like idiots when they're playing games sitting down. Just watch a group of Halo players...

Comment

Oh, I forgot - the 360 has another good game. Halo 2. Next-gen FTW!
                      Amazingly, Halo 2 is still better than any game on the Wii.

And that's not just according to me. Look at the reviews.

Comment

Why would I pay attention to reviews of Halo 2 when I've played it myself?

Comment

Quite true. But the Wii has the best chance, since you can use the Wiimote as a mouse. And maybe you could bind hotkeys to gestures.

Try playing an RTS in 640x480 in FuzzyVision. It'll be fun. The CPU is also very weak, so the AI would be dumb as ****.

IMO the PS3 has the best chance, since it officially supports 1920x1080 resolution as well as keyboards and mice.

Then again, you guys seem to be stuck on the idea of using a PC interface for RTSes on the console. That doesn't make sense, and I guarantee you it's not what will be implemented.

DDR. Owned.

You have noticed that DDR was, similar to the Wii, a novelty game that's died out? You can't even find one around here anymore.

FWIW, DDR is coming to the 360, not the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Changing the control does not revolutionize the gaming experience. You need the games to actually change to do that.
                            Changing the control ALLOWS new games. For instance:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

YouTube - Star Wars Next Gen

Yes, that looks like it will be a 360 and/or PS3 title. But the only way to actually do those sorts of manipulations dynamically (rather than scripted "you can chuck this rock here" a la Lego Star Wars) is with the Wiimote.

Comment

"Crying for" the Wii? You mistake me, sir: I am crying for my low post-count and lack of a custom avatar, while laughing at your fanboyism. I am defending the Wii because it sounds like it could be pretty fun; I've never owned a Nintendo console in my life, though I do emulate them seeing as they're free now.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Changing the control ALLOWS new games. For instance:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

YouTube - Star Wars Next Gen

Yes, that looks like it will be a 360 and/or PS3 title. But the only way to actually do those sorts of manipulations dynamically (rather than scripted "you can chuck this rock here" a la Lego Star Wars) is with the Wiimote.
                                The reason it looks kind of like a 360/PS3 title is it has per-pixel lighting, which isn't possible on the Wii.

And I don't agree at all that you'd need the Wiimote to do that. Pull the a trigger in and the analog stick controls your arm. Tada.

Comment

Working...
                                X