X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good for him
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Oh, and because the Lions weren't improving, Barry Sanders decided to quit football in his prime.

Top that.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Btw, I have to agree with Lord A, the Titans may be breathtakingly stupid with the Collins crap (and now TRADING Volek to SD), but they can't even compare to Millen's running of the Lions. Can we say 3 straight first round WRs?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• High first rounders, too. And only one (Roy Williams) is on the active roster. Mike Williams is with the team, but has not yet been active this year. And of course, Chas Rogers has been cut -- and no one has picked him up.

Millen has kept some pretty bad Bears teams out of the cellar.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Worst record in the NFL over his tenure.

Fire Millen!
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• WOOOT!

In attempts to address the FG kicking problems in Atlanta, the Falcons have signed.... Morten Andersen to kick all FGs under 40 yards!!

Welcome back, Great Dane!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Bears that good? Their running game still doesn't impress me. They are going to be in trouble when facing tough pass defenses.

Comment

• Minnesota will be a good measuring stick.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                    Bears that good? Their running game still doesn't impress me. They are going to be in trouble when facing tough pass defenses.
                    The problem with the running game right now is that everybody is playing them to run. So they have been quite successful passing. If a team wants to try to stop the pass, I'm sure their running game will look a lot better when there aren't 8 or 9 guys in the box defending it
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Not only have the Dolphins started out 0-2, but they've lost their third RG to IR: Bennie Anderson (torn left triceps - successful surgery) joins Seth McKinney (neck) and Joe Toledo (knee) as out for the season.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Not looking great for Ronnie Brown then...

Comment

• Some interesting light has been shone upon the Titans situation. Apparently Guppy took exception to something Volek said in the San Diego papers.

Titans official website

Not often you see a coach go after a player...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            Some interesting light has been shone upon the Titans situation. Apparently Guppy took exception to something Volek said in the San Diego papers.

Titans official website

Not often you see a coach go after a player...
                            This supports something I remember reading somewhere - possibly in one of Peter King's training camp updates, but I didn't recall exactly where, so I didn't say anything earlier, 'cuz I didn't have a link (and I still don't) - that Volek didn't do everything he needed to as a starter (i.e., was a slacker), maybe assuming he had a lock on the position since McNair was gone. So they brought Collins in to push him.

I didn't know about his agent demanding a trade last summer, and then his demanding a trade after Collins arrived. If a player really doesn't want to be on the team, then the team should get rid of him.

Volek had the opportunity to be the Titans' starter, if he had worked for it. Now he gets to back up Rivers in San Diego. Go figure.

Comment

• I think your causation is skewed, Lord A. When they brought in Collins, they did it at the last possible moment, then handed him the reins immediately. It was not a "best man wins" scenario by any means. It looks for all the workd like they waited as long as possible and made sure Volek ended up in a scenario where he's unlikely to start.

If anyone has a problem, it's Guppy Fisher. He failed to show the leadership Volek needed. Sometimes guys actually need coaching!

When Tennessee drafted Vince Young, it was clear that Volek was going to have the starter's job for no more than one year. Drew Rosenhaus routinely asks for his guys to be traded, and figured it made more sense to make the request now, rather than after another 4-12 season on an overmatched team.

Fisher chose to take that as an act of treason. That's his privilege, but it's pretty pathetic to see someone sacrifice a franchise's entire season just to prove a point. and to make it sound like it was Volek's fault is classless.

Tennessee is quickly becoming the Arizona of the 21st century, a rich man's ego-toy (Bud Adams) being run as a personal fiefdom istead of a competitive NFL franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                                Tennessee is quickly becoming the Arizona of the 21st century, a rich man's ego-toy (Bud Adams) being run as a personal fiefdom istead of a competitive NFL franchise.

What does that make the Lions?
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X