This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Gibbs was out of football quite a while, and his thought was that the game had maybe passed him by. He still makes decisions or certain things.
    They made it to the divisional round of the playoffs with Gibbs' schemes and, IMO, sub par personnel. That doesn't seem to be a systemic weakness to me.
    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• It was his thoughts and decision, not mine.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It was his thoughts and decision, not mine.
        Was it Gibbs' thoughts and decisions, or Daniel Snyder's thoughts and decisions?

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me to learn Snyder had some input.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I think the issue was that the schemes and plays Gibbs was running could only produce so much offense. Despite a winning record and beating the Bucs in the first round, the Redskins suffered through many, many very close nail biters that could have gone either way.

This goes for our wins and losses. There were only about three games the whole year (first game against Giants 0-36, SF 52-17, and second game against Dallas 35-7) that were was not distressingly close.

Gibbs wanted to be able to play games where he could be confident about his team's performance going into halftime, where the team did not have to fight to the very last second to pull out a W. Saunders is supposed to be able to produce explosive offenses that can put games away, and that sure sounds like what Gibbs might have wanted.

Obviously, that hasn't happened yet. And who knows if it will happen this season.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael
              I think the issue was that the schemes and plays Gibbs was running could only produce so much offense. Despite a winning record and beating the Bucs in the first round, the Redskins suffered through many, many very close nail biters that could have gone either way.
              IMO that was because the Skins didn't have a very good WR corps last year. Thanks to the Patten injury, there was a huge drop off after Moss. An offense can't be very effective if it's limited to one or two options. In the passing game, all a defense had to do to stop the Skins was to cover Moss and Cooley. The other WRs and Royal couldn't make up for that.

Comment

• I don't buy that. While Moss' production certainly dropped off near the end of the year, our touchdown production did not. We were still scoring just as much - or as little - as when Moss was effective. A lot of that probably had to do with Portis; he shouldered much of the weight during that six game win streak.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Complicated offenses take a while for everyone to learn. And they probably need a better QB at the helm.

Though remember, Clinton Portis' return may make everything run smoothly. We haven't seen their 1st team yet.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Redskins are ignoring Cooley so far this year.

Comment

All of a sudden, Grossman is The Savior, huh?
                      Plug a good QB into a system that is designed for him, and yeah, things start to work.

I think the Bears WR core is better than people realize, but we haven't had a chance to really see them in action because the past few years there hasn't been anyone decent throwing to them!

It's not just Grossman, it's Ron Turner (Bears offensive coordinator) and how Turner is using Grossman, the TE's, the FB, and everyone else in the offense. But Grossman throwing the ball is key to the offense having success... without a doubt.

The running game will come along.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        If I was Jeff Fischer, I'd do the same. But we know he isn't. It was a dumb move to bring in Collins. He isn't familiar with the offense, he isn't that good, and you end up pissing off Volek, who thought he was the starter until half a week before the first game.
                        Everyone around here agrees too. Except Fisher, that is. Most people tire of his antics; I'm hoping he gets the boot after this season.

At least the Predators' preseason is underway, so I have something better to watch than yet another disaster.

Comment

• d/p
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I really thought Guppy was a good coach, but apparently it was just McNair, Eddie George, and a good defense. Now that times are tough, he's acting like Buddy Ryan (another stubborn SOB) -- screwing up his team instead of adjusting to changing conditions.

It's easy to predict a long, trying season in Nashville.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Which is ironic considering Buddy Ryan choked him.

Comment

• Congrats, Slow. You guys deserved the win. We will be back after losing and coach Williams's up and downs helps shrink some heads so that we remember we need to be a team. But you guys beat us fair and square.

Comment

Working...
                                X