No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the conversion of Vorlons from nice guys to bastards was also done rather weak.
    Blah

Comment

The quality of writing on this show is very high. From what I've seen so far, I'm confident they can do another 3 or 4 seasons. In the long run, of course, I'd rather have the series end at its high point, instead of finishing with a crap season.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

In the end they find the Earth which has still late 70ies techs, and people can be impressed by flying motorbikes.
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
          I think the conversion of Vorlons from nice guys to bastards was also done rather weak.
          They were always bastards, or at least only concerned with order over all else.

Comment

Well yeah, I always liked Kosh though, and found his death rather sad, and the new one was clearly a bastard
            Blah

Comment

The scene where Sheridan asks loads and loads of questions, some quite long, and Kosh just answers them all with "KOSH" is actually one of the funniest scenes in all sci-fi I think.

Comment

Well yeah, I always liked Kosh though, and found his death rather sad, and the new one was clearly a bastard
                Admit it, you cried
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Admit it, you cried
                  I'm still not over it.
                  Blah

Comment

Kosh Naranek
                    Darth Kosh
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Darth Kosh

Oh and re BSG I really hope they have a real ending, if they end with season 4, 5 or 35. I hate it when a show just gets canceled without ending it's main story (like for example Space: Above and Beyond). Possibly more difficult with BSG and its many arcs, but I still hope they get this right.
                      Blah

Comment

• I think B5 was different (unique?) in that they started with a story that was going to play out over 5 seasons.
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                          I think B5 was different (unique?) in that they started with a story that was going to play out over 5 seasons.
                          B5 really did not catch it's stride until season 2 though.

What I like about BSG is that it hit the ground running. Of course, having 99% of the human race wiped out at the start of the story tends to give the plot some focus...
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
                            Darth Kosh

Oh and re BSG I really hope they have a real ending, if they end with season 4, 5 or 35. I hate it when a show just gets canceled without ending it's main story (like for example Space: Above and Beyond). Possibly more difficult with BSG and its many arcs, but I still hope they get this right.
                            I wouldn't mind if the 'ending' was something unresolved and you never do find out if they reach Earth. I don't like the 'wrap everything up' endings. I like some mystery.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Earth plot isn't that important, but I'd like to see decent resolve and denouement with the characters before it's over.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                                The Earth plot isn't that important, but I'd like to see decent resolve and denouement with the characters before it's over.
                                I would say the search for Earth is important.
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X