X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Az
    I am fine, and so is my family.

Do you have any news of Siro?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
      I am fine, and so is my family.
      Glad to see you! Hope things stay that way.
      "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
      -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

• Do you have any news of Siro?

no :/

I'll try to call him...
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• He himself will be fine, being an army member and in his staton bunker all the time, but his family...

Talking about army members, what functions do you and Siro serve during this conflict? Do you participate actively in all these oh so evil activities in 'occupied' territory? I mean are you in field or just translating radio messages?

Comment

• I am in the home front command, and today I was in Haifa.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Lots of rambling in the media now - most of it old news already, it seems. Libanese sources claim an Israeli F16 was shot down earlier today. Israel denies this. Then there are rumors about Israeli ground forces entering Lebanon. Supposedly, the IDF denied having ground troops in Lebanon at the moment, but confirmed that a "limited operation" was carried out last night.

The Haifa harbor is supposedly closed at the moment.
              "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
              -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

• So, the an Israeli airstrike wounded three Belgians lightly.

Can I throw a molotov cocktail to a synagoge now ?

*not that i am going to do that of course, but can anyone explain me how this would be low and immoral ? (hold the other party to the same standards and all)*
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Hmmm. Olmert in his speech right now is putting a lot of emphasis on the patience that the Israeli population in the north must show. Doesnt look like this is going to end soon.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis
                    So, the an Israeli airstrike wounded three Belgians lightly.

Can I throw a molotov cocktail to a synagoge now ?

*not that i am going to do that of course, but can anyone explain me how this would be low and immoral ? (hold the other party to the same standards and all)*
                    You really need this question answered? Mein Gott.

Jew =! Israeli. So attacking a synagoge in Belgium or wherever you're from is not only wrong, but likely targets people who have nothing at all to do with the situation in Israel/Lebanon (and quite possibly disagree with Israel's policies).

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                      You really need this question answered? Mein Gott.

Jew =! Israeli. So attacking a synagoge in Belgium or wherever you're from is not only wrong, but likely targets people who have nothing at all to do with the situation in Israel/Lebanon (and quite possibly disagree with Israel's policies).

-Arrian
                      Shouldn't have paid him any attention by responding to his ridiculous troll...
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Perhaps not. But if I ruled out responding to trollish posts, that would really cut down on my posting at 'poly.

Oh, wait...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Do you people even know what a troll is?

I'll be constructive and help you: it's someone who posts solely for the provocation.

In my opinion dannubis is not trolling but trying to get across a point. Work out which point on your own.

Comment

• You think his "point" has any validity?

The Belgians that were hurt were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They certainly were not the targets. They are, unfortnately, in a war zone. It's not in any way their fault, of course, but that's the situation. Israel is after Hezbollah, which operates from Lebanon. The Belgians had the misfortune of being in Lebanon right after Hezbollah picked a fight with Israel.

To equate that to throwing a molotav cocktail at a synagoge is either a) really poorly thought-out; or b) a troll.

-Arrian

Comment

• A BBC news team travelling through southern Lebanon found a paper tissue factory that had been destroyed by the Israelis. A real military target, that.

It's hard to see what the Israelis are hoping to achieve with this, apart from inflicting Palestinian-style collective punishment on Lebanon. Let's face it, the non-Hezbollah Lebanese aren't willing or able to restart the civil war, and any realistic level of Israeli punishment beatings isn't going to change their minds.

Comment

• Valid question. I often wonder what Israel is trying to accomplish when it blows **** up. I don't really question trying to nail leaders of terror orgs, but blowing up "infrastructure" (which is a rather broad category) strikes me as counterproductive overkill.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X