This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle East thread continued

Can Israel steal land of the Palestinians if they have never had a state? is all the West Bank legally still Israeli territory?
    Last edited by Ecthy; July 15, 2006, 18:06.

Just realized I Germanized the title a little

Could some mod please change to the proper spelling? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

Could some mod please change to the proper spelling? Thanks.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sorry Ming, but you closed the wrong thread - unless you're using other criteria than time of creation.

Comment

Continued threads have priority because they're less likely to be read.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I say it's because Saturday at Noon is the time of the week when Ming is most likely to be.. um, distracted by.. things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              What was it?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re Chegitz's comment

Why does Israel respond so much more viisciously to attacks on its soldiers than it does to attacks on its civilians?

Glad to know our Israeli friends are safe.
                I've been wondering about this as well. I suppose if the various armed groups were to make a sustained habit of going after military targets, it would damage Israel's PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                  Sorry Ming, but you closed the wrong thread - unless you're using other criteria than time of creation.
                  I based it on me closing the old thread, and the new one being started... Which is standard.

When it is not a continued thread... and there are more than one thread is done on a topic, then I do it based on the first (unless it's already a joke/spam thread)
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

SlowwHand's thread was created after the original one hit 500 posts - and hours before this one.

It has a more precise title as well, including both "Israel" and Hezbollah", which is what this is about - not "the Middle East" as indicated in the title of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                      Slowwhand's thread was created after the original one hit 500 posts - and hours before this one.
                      Sigh... but the other hadn't been closed yet... people were still posting in it.

It really makes no real difference... but that's just how it's done

So enough... back on topic.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Fine, then.

Comment

Why does Israel respond so much more viisciously to attacks on its soldiers than it does to attacks on its civilians?
                          It's not because they were soldiers. It was because they were kidnapped. Blackmail can't be tolerated, and torturing and beheading in the media is extremely demoralizing. Couple that with the fact that both of these attacks were far more intrecately planned than others and came from places that Israel had pulled out of. Israel already tried the carrot pulling out of Lebanon in 2000 and Gaza last year and it hasn't helped. Now it's resorting to the stick.
                          Last edited by Edan; July 15, 2006, 13:53.
                          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

A 17 year old settler was kidnapped near the Westbank, after the kidnapping near Gaza and before the kidnapping by Hizbullah. He was murdered after several days. As far as I can remember Israel did not launched a military campaign in the Westbank to rescue him similar the one in Gaza.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                              A 17 year old settler was kidnapped near the Westbank, after the kidnapping near Gaza and before the kidnapping by Hizbullah. He was murdered after several days. As far as I can remember Israel did not launched a military campaign in the Westbank to rescue him similar the one in Gaza.
                              He had been killed right after being kidnapped:

OC Central Command Maj.-Gen. Yair Naveh revealed Thursday morning that the youth had been shot in the head immediately after the kidnapping on Sunday.
                              link

And unlike Gaza and Lebanon, Israel hasn't pulled out of the West Bank, which would mean that it would be easier to operate there.
                              Last edited by Edan; July 15, 2006, 14:20.
                              "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X