Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France played great during the second half and most of the extra time, and I wanted them to win, since Italy did do zero to win at this time, but Zidane kinda ruined it. Provoked or not, I expected better from him.

So congrats Italy.
    Blah

Comment

• I just read Zidane is now awarded best player of the tournament?
      Blah

Comment

• I have the feeling Cannavaro doesn't mind

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

• Here's a (small) frozen image of the "head-butt", just in case anyone thinks I'm being delirious by saying it was rather a "chest-butt":

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Nice to suddenly use video footage.
            Any particular it was used this time and not in any other game?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
              Nice to suddenly use video footage.
              Any particular it was used this time and not in any other game?
              It's strange how they 'changed the rules' spontaneously during the WC final to allow this. It may have set an unwanted precedent, and I can see managers hounding officials in future demanding that they look at the replay during the game to make a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
                I just read Zidane is now awarded best player of the tournament?
                Well he probably was the player of the tourney, headbutt or no.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well he probably was the player of the tourney, headbutt or no.
                  I don't think so - he really only had one great game (vs. Brazil), and only decent performances vs. Spain and Portugal.

Cannavaro, Buffon, Klose, etc. deserved it over Zidane.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• zidane deserved it - hes the only reason why france started winning after the 1st round.
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Yeah, I mean come on... did you see how pitiful France has been? It was only after Zidane turned back the clock that they started playing like they actually freaking deserved to be in the knockout stages.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Did they use video at the time of the game to make the decision?

And I hate to get picky, but thats a "head butt". They are called "head butts" because you use your head....:O)

Comment

• What's the difference between a headbutt and a butthead anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
                            Did they use video at the time of the game to make the decision?

And I hate to get picky, but thats a "head butt". They are called "head butts" because you use your head....:O)
                            I thought a headbutt was a strictly head-to-head affair.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™

I thought a headbutt was a strictly head-to-head affair.
                              Thats just the default area of impact, but any other location is perfectly permissable.

Comment

Working...
                              X