This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is so sad.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

'nucks suck

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Pronger and Spacek are your top two defencemen. Both are old. And already pulling insane icetime in regulation.

Regehr, Warrener, Ference, Leopold, Phaneuf...they'll keep going and going and going...
          What are you smoking?

Pronger is 31. Spacek is 32. Both are in their prime.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Anyone over 30 is very, very old.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Isn't peak male fitness in the 23-24 range?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Not for performance in team athletics.

Experience counts for a lot up til you slip down the conditioning/endurance slope.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

29 to 34 is prime time for hockey players and football midfielders (the most demanding position in team sport).
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Experience doesn't really dictate how tired you get.

The fact is a 32 year old man doesn't have the endurance of a 22 year old man.

Comment

Experience dictates how well you play your position. You don't need to run around. You know where you have to be. That's why Chelios is top 4 d on a good defensive team at 44.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                        Experience dictates how well you play your position. You don't need to run around. You know where you have to be.
                        If you're playing 28 minutes a game like Pronger, you're running around a lot regardless of how well you play your position...

Comment

Believe it or not, 31 yo men can be in very good condition and have a lot of endurance.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

I don't believe a 31 year old man in very good condition can out-endure a 22 year old man in very good condition, in general.

Comment

We're not talking in general. We're talking a large, well conditioned man who thrives on 30 minutes a game.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

We're talking about defencemen in thier mid-20s vs one in his early 30s.

From my googling, 24 is the peak age for male endurance in athletes. Testosterone peak is 17(!).

Comment

Working...
                                X