Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calgary was 6th in shots against. Behind Edm, Dallas, Detroit, SJ, and Tampa Bay.

Best d? No.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Again, shots are not a good metric. Look at chances against.

Shots are not bad things in and of themselves unless they're good shots.

Edmonton can't figure out the difference, which is why they're in 8th and Calgary is in 3rd.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Where from you get these 'chances' stats?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          Calgary was 6th in shots against. Behind Edm, Dallas, Detroit, SJ, and Tampa Bay.

Best d? No.
          Florida isn't up there?

I'm sure Luongo faced the most shots of any goalie.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Where from you get these 'chances' stats?
            My eyeballs.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ahh, yes. Stats to base arguments on. Eyeballs might as well be in your ass, cause that's the value of the stat.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

Florida isn't up there?

I'm sure Luongo faced the most shots of any goalie.
                Best meaning least.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Edmonton can't figure out the difference, which is why they're in 8th and Calgary is in 3rd.

You do realize there is a difference of only 8 points among the two. 3 wins. That's not a very large difference at all in an 82 game season.

It's like saying the Buffalo Sabres were clearly better than the NY Rangers because 9 points seperate them. It's silly.

The only place where 8 points matter is if its the difference between getting in the playoffs and being left out. Edmonton is in.. so no big deal.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    You do realize there is a difference of only 8 points among the two. 3 wins. That's not a very large difference at all in an 82 game season.
                    Edmonton got way too many wins from shootouts, which IMO is a bunch of bull.

5on5 and in regular season they're significantly worse.

Comment

wah, wah, waaaah
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

I'm not whining, I'm chuckling. Without shootout wins Edmonton has some trouble ahead in the playoffs.

Comment

No shoot outs means play til you drop.

Tell me if you figure that favours younger legs or not.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

No shoot outs means play til you drop.

Tell me if you figure that favours younger legs or not.
                            You mean people like Pronger that's already pulling 30 minutes in regulation?

Edmonton is doomed in 2OT and higher. If you think they're prone to mistakes and turnovers in regulation, just wait til 2OT.

Comment

Some defences are a lot older than ours, and others are more prone to being banged up before we get there.

We'll just have to wait and see.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Pronger and Spacek are your top two defencemen. Both are old. And already pulling insane icetime in regulation.

Regehr, Warrener, Ference, Leopold, Phaneuf...they'll keep going and going and going...

Comment

Working...
                                X