X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncha
    You mean the game with their back-up goalie,
    I didn't know goalies had such an influence on a team's offence totalling a grand total of ZERO goals

the day after they played in Vancouver? A great test that was.
    That is a fair comment. Back-to back games are tough . . . But then again so is playing a tough, in-your-face hitting team 4 to 7 times

I appreciate that a single game is not telling. I'm more judging on

the fact that KIpper has been the best goalie all season

the Flames started poorly but have been strong of late and are only stronger with the returns of Hamrlik and Warrener

The Flames D is a s strong as anyone's
    The Flames offence was actually scoring a bit and it no longer seems to be just the Jarome show. I still give the offensive punch tick to Anaheim though
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Kiprusoff doesn't have that much on Giguere

Maybe the problem with Vancouver is you don't watch hockey over there?

Edmonton has played Detroit well all season.
      And Calgary hasn't played Anaheim well all season? Calgary shut out Anaheim just last week...

Calgary can shut down Anaheim. We only need to score a couple goals.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Good playoffs ahead.. I'm a bit disappointed at one pair though, and that's Calgary vs Anaheim. That's because I'd like to see Anaheim go far as well as Calgary but they face off in the first round so.. someone needs to go.

My prediction is Calgary advances. Why? It's a series of 7 games possibly. Anaheim has been impressive and has more firepower, but Calgary is tight. Their defense might be the best in the league. Now tell me, which is more of an asset in long playoffs? Defense.

Because that defense plays tight every night. They can even have an off night, Kipper can have a horrible game but what makes him exceptional is that he bounces back to the next game as if nothing happened. That means, that Anaheim needs to bring it on every night and succeed with their firepower exceptionally well, they need 4 of those nights. Calgary only needs to bank few goals per game to get the chance to win. 2 might do it . Heck, 1 might do it, but 2 is more likely. And there is not a single team that can't score twice a night, even if they suck. That's why my pick is Calgary.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Not to mention that Giguere has sucked the past couple weeks and Kipper is on top of his game.

And the Flames just got healthy.

Kobasew, Warrener, Leclerc, and Leopold are all healthy and back in the line up.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Tell me about it next week, homer. I stand by my prediction.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I think "homer" has to be the lamest insult/jab ever.

I'm a fan of my home team -- that's something I proudly say, win or lose. I support my team.

Go watch the 'nucks golf and whine elsewhere.

Comment

Yeah, I'm the one who whines in the hockey threads.

Listening to you gush, the Flames are the greatest team in sports history and any time a flaw is pointed out you rant for several pages. That's the difference between a fan and a homer. If you weren't such a homer you might recognise it.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Which flaw? That the Flames are offensively impotent?

Show me where I argue about that.

You only need to score more than they do, genius. That's why the Flames are in and the 'nucks are out.

I've never said anything like the Flames are the greatest team ever, etcetc. That's you lying. Again. Making a habit out of it when you and/or your team is losing...

Comment

I'm still looking for what odds people will give me on...

Edm beats Detroit
                    Edm sweeps Detroit
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's not unexpected. Calgary did the same thing last season after all.

Detroit and Ottawa are both likely to choke in the playoffs I think.

Comment

That would be the opinion in Calgary, especially since Sutter says we have the best 6 dmen in the league.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You have the 6 best d-men in the league, Vancouver is the team to beat, Colorado has the best offense in the league...

Spot the trend?

Comment

Honesty?

If Vancouver didn't come back from the Olympics with 3 injured of their top 4 dmen, on top of Cloutier, the Flames might not be in first place. The 'nucks would certainly be in the playoffs.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

It's not honesty, it's playing up your competitors and painting yourself as the underdog that has to work for every scrap of meat you get.

That's how Sutter coaches and how the Flames play. His comments are not honest evaluations of other teams, they're aimed to fire his own team up.

Comment

I see.

And your own pronouncements that without Kipper the Flames would be lost? They were less than honest, yes?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X