7. Computer/IT Analyst
    8. Real Estate Appraisal
    9. Pharmacist
    10. Psychologist

Booyah!
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      Wow! College professor sounds like a great job! Maybe I'll become one! Err...do you have to know anything, or are you allowed to fake it?
      All you gotta do is pick a flimsy field with no use like Philosophy. With no use comes no responsibility.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Come to think of it....Why isn't Playboy photographer listed up there!?
        It should be noted that jobs were eliminated from the list if ...there are fewer than 15,000 people employed in such jobs, if the work environment is dangerous, or if there are fewer than 800 annual openings in such jobs.

Working with models is very dangerous.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

There could be more than 800 annual openings though, if you're persistent enough - and remember to take your vitamins.

Comment

Wow! College professor sounds like a great job! Maybe I'll become one! Err...do you have to know anything, or are you allowed to fake it?
            Just don't be one in Britain. The pay is lousy and the responsibility is high (you have to do a lot of admin work).

Outside the US, Australia is probably the best place to be a college professor (as far as money is concerned – I would not want to work in the US). The salaries are high by international standards, and Australia is a pretty nice place to live. You'll get more money by being an accountant, or owning your own business (assuming it does reasonably well), but a professor's salary is enough for my relatively limited wants.

If you want to be a college professor, you have to spend about 10-15 years in grinding poverty, working your way up to a PhD, and then you have to be lucky enough to actually find a job. Competition for jobs in my field is extremely vigorous.

The low stress of being a professor might be just an illusion. I'm guessing it is probably in reality a high stress job, but compared to the stress of writing and defending a PhD thesis, it's nothing.

If you are good at it, Real Estate is a pretty nice job. It would bore me to hell, but it's nice to be outside a lot, and home design is pretty interesting. I would have thought an architect would have been high on the list. If I wasn't a philosopher, I would have liked to have been an architect.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Come to think of it....Why isn't Playboy photographer listed up there!?

When I was 14, every guy I knew had that one at the top of his job list. I was shocked... shocked... when I learned that they didn't really get to sleep with all the models.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

You aren't a real Apolytoner unless you have your own abusive OTBOT message.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  You aren't a real Apolytoner unless you have your own abusive OTBOT message.
                  That message is randomized, everyone has got that one.

On the other hand, I really do have at least one customized message with my name.

That makes me the real Apolytoner between us.

Comment

In your case, it is not a badge of appreciation...
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Apparently you don't understand the quote or its origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                        If you want to be a college professor, you have to spend about 10-15 years in grinding poverty, working your way up to a PhD, and then you have to be lucky enough to actually find a job. Competition for jobs in my field is extremely vigorous.
                        Kids want college degrees but can't get admitted. Lots of PhDs want teaching positions, but they aren't enough offered.

We obviously need more schools! What ever happened to the ol' enterpraneurial spirit?!

I can see it now: Apolyton University.

Degrees in ...er....spam and uh.....

Comment

Kids want college degrees but can't get admitted. Lots of PhDs want teaching positions, but they aren't enough offered.

We obviously need more schools! What ever happened to the ol' enterpraneurial spirit?!

I can see it now: Apolyton University.

Degrees in ...er....spam and uh.....
                          There really needs to be more vocational schools, not colleges.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Physician is #30. However, I don't think they factored in those of us still in residency. Because, honestly, holy ****ing ****, this is a miserable ****ing life.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

2. College Professor

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                                Physician is #30. However, I don't think they factored in those of us still in residency. Because, honestly, holy ****ing ****, this is a miserable ****ing life.
                                You have my sympathy.

Comment

Working...
                                X