The best job in America is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best job in America is...

.xyz is for every website, everywhere.® We offer the most flexible and affordable domain names to create choice for the next generation of internet users.

Software engineer: Best job in America?

Jobs in technology are ranking high on a listing of the "Best jobs in America"--compiled by Money Magazine and Salary.com--that's been quickly circulating around the blogosphere today.
    software

Software engineers ranked number one in the listing, which is based on stress levels, flexibility in hours and working environment, creativity, and how easy it is to enter and advance in the field, according to an explanation hosted on CNN Money. Computer/IT analysts ranked 7, technical writers ranked 13, and engineers ranked 17.

It should be noted that jobs were eliminated from the list if the average pay is below $50,000, if there are fewer than 15,000 people employed in such jobs, if the work environment is dangerous, or if there are fewer than 800 annual openings in such jobs.
    Full list:

Top 10:

1. Software Engineer
    2. College Professor
    3. Financial Advisor
    4. Human Resources Manager
    5. Physician Assistant
    6. Market Research Analyst
    7. Computer/IT Analyst
    8. Real Estate Appraisal
    9. Pharmacist
    10. Psychologist
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

It's all about being number one, having the best item and right answer for you isn't it. What a tiresome life.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Aim high. If you aim low, what you get is Europe.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ok, hurry up and buy a new car now, your current one isn't the smartest one to own anymore.
        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Writer is 39
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
            Ok, hurry up and buy a new car now, your current one isn't the smartest one to own anymore.
            It is less smart to upgrade it before it's necessary to.

Can you please take your depressed, jealous Swedish ass to another thread please?

Comment

Yes you are correct, I am extremely jealous of you. Maybe one day I can be number one in everything and my life will have a meaning.

Comment

Yes you are correct, I am extremely jealous of you. Maybe one day I can be number one in everything and my life will have a meaning.
                There's no need to be upset that some people don't accept mediocrity as the standard.

You need to always keep pushing yourself to higher levels, otherwise what you end up with is being a snivvling whiner crashing other threads with unfunny, depressing remarks out of nowhere.

Comment

FM, that guy's lost, don't waste your energy and love on him

PS: Aim high *giggles*

Comment

HR Manager is 4th?! WTF?! Yeah, I guess there is no stress if you don't give a **** (come to think of it, isn't that what most HR Managers do? )!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      FM, that guy's lost, don't waste your energy and love on him

PS: Aim high *giggles*
                      Look at this behavior here. I post a link with what's supposed to be the best jobs in America, and he immediately makes a rather personal comment lashing out at me.

He's got problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        HR Manager is 4th?! WTF?! Yeah, I guess there is no stress if you don't give a **** (come to think of it, isn't that what most HR Managers do? )!
                        Don't even get me started...

Comment

1. should be indian software engineer in india.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Yes I have issues. It was more a criticism of that outlook on life and ideology. It was directed at you yes, so maybe that was over the line to count as a personal insult, I was hoping for a defence of it. You find my comments depressing but I find the whole thinking behind a list like that depressing.

Comment

Yes I have issues. It was more a criticism of that outlook on life and ideology. It was directed at you yes, so maybe that was over the line to count as a personal insult, I was hoping for a defence of it. You find my comments depressing but I find the whole thinking behind a list like that depressing.
                              I find your comments depressing out of pity for you. I don't see anything depressing about setting high standards for yourself. I find it depressing to not make such high standards, and take it a step further and criticize people for doing so.

Comment

Working...
                              X