Cano (2B)
    Williams (CF !!)
    Cabrera (RF)
    Crosby (LF)
    Stinnet (C)

P - Jaret Wright

Man, that's ugly.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• By the way, hey Sava, how's Juan Pierre workin' out for ya?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• The longer Detroit continues to impress, the more worried I become as a Sox fan. When is the air going to come out of that balloon? They simply cannot have the best pitching in BB can they?
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I dunno about the best, but they certainly appear solid. I think they'll stick around. ChiSox-Tigers-Indians should be interesting.

In other news, the Yankees' fearsome lineup can do nothing against Padilla, Bubba gets hurt, Cano is doing a Knoblauch impression... oy. Not that I expected them to win today, but still.

edit: ok, they manage 2 runs and have a shot at tying this baby up. Comeon, Captain!

second edit: damn.

-Arrian

Comment

• What, did "Mr. Clutch" not deliever?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Don't give me that Captain Clutch stuff, Imran. You know I'm objective about Jeter.

I'll take .349/.444/.539 from my SS, defensive issues and all, thank you very much.

Meanwhile, the Run Fairy reappears, this time in the form of Scott Erickson. Why does this man have a job? There are at least FOUR pitchers at AAA Columbus who out-pitched him.

-Arrian

Comment

• Sorry, I just delight when Jeter "fails to perform 'in the clutch'" .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• How's your SS doing?

-Arrian

Comment

• I assume poorly.

Comment

• What the hell happened to the Twins and Indians this year? The change in their records can't all be attributed to the emergence of the Tigers, can it?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• daaaaaa yankeeess loooooose. daaaaa yankees looooooosse!!!

is it true that ortiz batted .347 last year in 'late and close' situations?
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• The Sox and Tigers are 1-2 in the most recent ESPN power rankings. They are tied with each other in the standings. Their records are the best in baseball.

I wonder how long this is going to last?
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Chi-towners: What's wrong with the Cubs? Not only are they a bad club now, they really seem to have a chip on their shoulders about the Sox. Withness yesterdays assault on AJ, and the Cub pitcher calling AJ a chicken**** for clobbering their catcher the way he is supposed to.

If I were a Cub fan, I would toss that team. They need real BB players, or at least more of them. Now they seem to have bad ass thugs masquerading as sportsmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                              Chi-towners: What's wrong with the Cubs?
                              Reliance on Kerry Wood, (who I heard tonight may have another "sore" shoulder) and Mark Prior, (who hasn't pitched in the Bigs yet this year). Oh, and having Derek Lee on the DL...

Not only are they a bad club now, they really seem to have a chip on their shoulders about the Sox. Withness yesterdays assault on AJ, and the Cub pitcher calling AJ a chicken**** for clobbering their catcher the way he is supposed to.
                              Rich Hill(the pitcher) is an idiot. Half a dozen Cubs players and Dusty Baker all called it a fair play.

If I were a Cub fan, I would toss that team. They need real BB players, or at least more of them. Now they seem to have bad ass thugs masquerading as sportsmen.
                              But, but, WRIGLEY FIELD!! Cold beer in the stands, the falling concrete! We Cubs fans love these things. All "real" Cubs fans understand them losing, we're only in it for the experience of a baseball game. All these fans that expect wins have arrived since the 2003 playoffs when the team overachieved for a year. Now some people are screaming for "results."

Comment

• Ugh. The Yankees are are friggin' MASH unit. Matsui, Sheff, Posada... they're running a AAA lineup out there. And the Mets still barely took 2 of 3,

I don't expect the Red Sox to be as charitable.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X