This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB - 2006 Season!

Hopefully this can be like the NFL thread and Ming can just change the title .

Opening Day and what a nice one it was. Mets win over the Nats, with David Wright providing some nice fireworks . Xavier Nady proving to be a good pickup already .

Rollins continues his hitting streak. Now at 37 games.

Millwood may not be liking his change of scenery as he gets roughed up in Texas. Though Schilling looked nice.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

How about my last round sleeper, Chris Shelton, starting off with a bang? (3/4, 2R, 3H, 2HR, 2RBI)

Comment

He could be a true Tuffy Rhodes!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I hope Perez is back

Comment

We wuz robbed!
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Blame Soriano for not being quicker to grab at the ball or 'act' better .

Comment

Re: MLB - Opening Day!

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Hopefully this can be like the NFL thread and Ming can just change the title .
              Can do... suggestions welcome

Both the Cubs and White Sox won their first game.
              Hope springs eternal
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He could be a true Tuffy Rhodes!

Tuffy Rhodes kicked ass, despite the fact that he played for the Giants at the end of his career...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: MLB - Opening Day!

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Rollins continues his hitting streak. Now at 37 games.
                  0-3 going into the ninth, has a 3-0 count, and hits a double down the line on a pitch that was borderline high.

Of course the Phillies got slammed, so Rollins hit was a consolation prize.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: MLB - Opening Day!

Originally posted by Stuie
                    0-3 going into the ninth, has a 3-0 count, and hits a double down the line on a pitch that was borderline high.
                    The hit was a gift from Tony La Russa... he went out to the mound and told him to give him a pitch down the middle... as it was, he still almost missed the plate
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Imran, you mock teh Shelton at your own peril.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Interesting baseball news aggregation web site...

The latest baseball news and opinion. Blogs and traditional sports media reports all on a single page.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Sweet. Yanks crushed the As 15-2. I watched the first 5 or 6 innings before I had to go to sleep, but was able to sleep soundly, knowing that not even the likes of Tanyon Sturtze could blow (what was then) a 10 run lead.

Yay. It makes up for my irritation over the fact that of my team's first 9 games, I will miss some or all of 6 of them (10pm mid-week starts in Oakland and 1pm mid-week starts at home).

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yankees suck!
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Of course they do, Michael. That line just never gets old, does it?

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X