Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Topless Woman Bathe is required for potential immigrants to the Netherlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*deleting mental image*
    *erasing cache*
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
      I personally think this policy might be racist, although I would certainly enjpy watching the woman bath.
      I'm not sure about that.

It sounds like they are introducing tests and minimum standards that will be applied to all.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by germanos
        I don't really understand though why they stop at topless women. There's plenty of beaches where full nudity is displayed, and a good chunk of them are only seperated by an imiginary 'border' from the regular topless beach. (meaning there is just a sign put up). On busy days the nude bathe only 5 meters from the 'dressed'
        Cause they want to exclude some people, mainly religious muslims, but not everyone who finds full nudity objectionable.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

I'm not sure about that.

It sounds like they are introducing tests and minimum standards that will be applied to all.
          if they made eating pork a condition of immigrating, and applied it to all, would that be ok? I rather suspect eating pork is more of a historical part of Dutch culture than is topless bathing.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Cause they want to exclude some people, mainly religious muslims, but not everyone who finds full nudity objectionable.
            Which I don't really understand
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Good for the Netherlands. If you don't like Western values you shouldn't be allowed to immigrate to a Western country. The PC nuts screaming about respecting multiculturalism can go f*ck themselves.

Comment

if they made eating pork a condition of immigrating, and applied it to all, would that be ok? I rather suspect eating pork is more of a historical part of Dutch culture than is topless bathing.

That's an awesome idea, lotm. Good job
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

That's an awesome idea, lotm. Good job
                  Yup, thatd have kept Spinoza out. Ironic, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                    Good for the Netherlands. If you don't like Western values you shouldn't be allowed to immigrate to a Western country. The PC nuts screaming about respecting multiculturalism can go f*ck themselves.
                    So topless bathing is an essential part of Western culture? The Netherland didnt become Western till when, 1960 or so?

Comment

So western culture is all about topless women and gay men kissing on park benches?

I don't know which makes me sadder. The fact that the Netherlands put these policies in place, or the fact that someone who lives in an awesome country would say these things.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Just as with the gay people and the nudity, you don't have to practice it yourself. You just have to be ok with people doing it.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                          Just as with the gay people and the nudity, you don't have to practice it yourself. You just have to be ok with people doing it.
                          which is already addressed by asking people (in the immigration quiz) how you would react if you saw gay people kissing or whatever. Turning away is acceptable. Throwing a rock, or even shouting a slur, is not acceptable.

But what if they accept that there are topless beaches, but dont want to see them on the film? are they free to see a different version of the film? Or is the idea here to get "certain people" to refuse to look at the film, so they cant immigrate?

Comment

Yeah, making immigrants watch a film showing somebody eating a ham sandwich would be fine...
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You just have to be ok with people doing it.

Which means you shouldn't be assaulted by a group of arabs in Amsterdam just for holding hands in public
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I think it is tolerance in prospective citizens they are looking for, not nudists and pork eaters.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X