No announcement yet.

Church + Girlfriend problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger: I don't think a woman is going to marry a man just because he has stellar performance in bed.
    True.
    ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernazuma III

No, yet few things may turn out so badly as when a married couple isn't sexually compatible.
      Sure, it would be equally bad if you find out that you're incompatible on other issues, like religion or politics etc., but that's why we talk to each other before marrying.

WHOA!! You mean the two people are suppose to talk with one another before marrying?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• The main pastor, apparently receives "only $4000" a month. This is more than double what I earn, and here in Singapore, my wages are considered quite good.

All of them wear very expensive clothing.

Everytime I hear or see this, I get annoyed. Once, for about 2 months, I was frustrated to the point that I almost went out to challenge all christian leaders of the world to go to church wearing the same clothes as Jesus did. Just for 1 Sunday. (of course, I didn't know exactly how I would go about doing this ) I would be really interested to see how many manage to accomplish it.
        You might want to start with the congregation...

Seriously though, I agree with your concerns, but there are other churches that do not do things this way.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Che, one of the essential parts of a cult is that they discourage interaction with those outside of the cult. I don't see any of that in what Snoopy says.

It seems to me, they are a run of the mill evangelical group that is close to the pentecostals.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• She doesn't like it either, but our situation is difficult.

I come from New Zealand, I moved over here to be with my gf (long distance relationship). Since I do not have a job, and its damn hard for a foreigner to get one in Singapore, I had little choice but to move in with Michelle's (her parents house; its a really big house).

Now that I have a stable job, maybe I should start thinking about moving out and living my own life, this might make things much easier for the both of us.

If I suddenly stop attending church, it's a huge change, something that will shock her too much.
            Okay, that makes more sense now. If you are working now, it would be a very good decision for you to move out for the meantime. You aren't ready to get married to her, not with this issue unresolved.

You've said that you are willing to try another church, so that gives you quite a few more options. Try to get her to find another church, as you have said, that seems to be your plan. If she agrees with you, bonus, that's the best of possible worlds. If she is unwilling to leave her church, then I'm afraid you are going to have to leave her.

Comment

• I would (probably) never marry a woman if I hadn't already had sex with her. I would hope the woman that wants to marry me includes my performance, my issues, and how she feels about sex with me (whether it makes her feel lust or love), because it is most certainly important in any long-term relationship.
              I mean, I don't have a system, but if I feel teeth, then I'll have no remorse giving her the taxi fare home.
              You should put this on your personals ad, TEF.

Comment

• I think a lot of women would agree with that
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

WHOA!! You mean the two people are suppose to talk with one another before marrying?
                  A simple truth often needs a genius like me to express it.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    I should point out that this church is blaspheming by saying the lord speaks through them.
                    Yeah, back in 17th century New England the Puritans knew how to deal with folks like that. Hang the damned quakers!
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil
                      Offering to 'God'?

He can have the cheque when he comes to pick it up.
                      So a priest, minister and a rabbi, are discussing finances. Spefically how much of donations to their institutions they should keep, and how much goes to charity, missionizing and other purposes for G-d. The minister says, well I draw a circle on the floor, throw the money up in the air, and whatever falls inside I keep, the rest is for G-d. The Priest says, I draw a circle, and whatever falls outside I keep, and whatever falls inside is for G-d. The rabbi says, I throw the money up in the air, and whatever G-d wants he keeps, and whatever falls down I keep.

Thus sayeth the Lord of the Mark.

Adon Ha Gvul?
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• while were on the topic

A minister, a priest and a rabbi went for a hike one day. It was very hot.They were sweating and exhausted when they came upon a small lake. Since it was fairly secluded, they took off all their clothes and jumped in the water.

Feeling refreshed, the trio decided to pick a few berries while enjoying their "freedom." As they were crossing an open area, who should come along but a group of ladies from town. Unable to get to their clothes in time, the minister and the priest covered their privates and the rabbi covered his face while they ran for cover.

After the ladies had left and the men got their clothes back on, the minister and the priest asked the rabbi why he covered his face rather than his privates. The rabbi replied, "I don't know about you, but in MY congregation, it's my face they would
                        recognize.""

Comment

• ----

on topic - well tough one, but with such different views on the world and life it will be too hard to live together so... move out, the best could be another church if you are bent on staying together, and if she can manage, but other than that - out
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Most couples can find time to both talk and boink each other.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Wernazuma and Oerdin are GENIUSES -- pure GENIUSES!!!!
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Wernazuma and Oerdin are GENIUSES -- pure GENIUSES!!!!
                                It wasn't that funny to begin with. Now you have bashed it into a pulp.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X