So when do we invade Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GePap

To destroy the electrical infrastructure is to deprive the civilian populace of basic needs. Tha escalates a any attack from "precision" to a full blown campaign that will do massive civilian damage.

That is a significant escalation of attacks, and more likely to play to the Iranian regimes hand, since such an air campaign could not go on indefinitelly, especailly after oil prices jump like mad because of it.

You don't have to destroy the entire electrical infrastructure of the nation, just that to the large bunker complex where they shelter their equipment. Besides, Iran only supplies 5% of the world's oil, so I doubt that its absence would be so devestating and its prolonged absence would be worked around in time.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Historically, drop of 5% in oil supplies leads to a 20% increase in prices.

Which means that oil costs 80$ a barrel instead of 65$ a barrel

Oil demand is very inelastic in at least the short term.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• So, just do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
          Rummy don't want an Army, he wants a 400,000 Special Ops force with no big weapons, such as a Tanks, Artillery, etc.
          He feel if a man cannot carry it, you don't need it.
          Rummy is an Idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
            So, just do it.
            Why not Russia? Any responsible nation would be concerned about Iran having nukes. They are closer to you too.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

Why not Russia? Any responsible nation would be concerned about Iran having nukes. They are closer to you too.
              I bet if Chechnyan rebels got a couple of Iranian nukes that Russia might start to see the light.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

I bet if Chechnyan rebels got a couple of Iranian nukes that Russia might start to see the light.

When you see the light, that will last about 1 sec. before you see the real light. Of course on Earth you would be dead, but maybe alive in the after world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

I more concerned about US having nukes, since it's the only nation who ever used them and have a bad habbit -at first to shoot than ask questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

1) Chechnyan rebels do not exist.
                    2) It's a crazy, unreal scenario.

Comment

1) Chechnyan rebels do not exist.
                      Jesus was an extraterristrial.

EDIT: What? If you get to pull **** out of your ass, so do I!
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Rebels, I've said REBELS.
                        People who commit terrorist attacks called TERRORISTS, not REBELS.

Comment

Rebels, I've said REBELS.
                          People who commit terrorist attacks called TERRORISTS, not REBELS.
                          Now now....no one here seriously considers Iraqi insurgents who take shots at Coalition forces to be exclusively terrorists, or exclusively rebels, do that? The Chechnyans also fall under the same.

When the Cechnyans attack civilian targets, both inside and outside the war zone, they are terrorists. When they morter/shoot at Russian soldiers they're rebels. They can be both.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• To ans. the question, the day we pull out of Iraq. Just head towards Kuwait like we are loading on ships. When we arrival at the Ocean turn north for a few miles and then turn east and we will be in Iran.

Make sure we have a few dozen Cargo Ships so they will think we really leaving.

Make sure the Cargo Ships are Russian, so if any are sunk, we can blame the Iranians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar

Now now....no one here seriously considers Iraqi insurgents who take shots at Coalition forces to be exclusively terrorists, or exclusively rebels, do that? The Chechnyans also fall under the same.
                              Nope. Your invasion in Iraq is illegal by definition. You have invaded the independent country. We maintain order in part of our country, that's the difference.

When the Cechnyans attack civilian targets, both inside and outside the war zone, they are terrorists. When they morter/shoot at Russian soldiers they're rebels. They can be both.
                              They attack military targets?
                              News to me.

Comment

• The Soviets lost the Cold War.

I just like saying that everytime Stalinbot is around.

Comment

Working...
                                X